Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out, acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out, acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out

I have MBP 15 inch mid 2012 and I think there is something wrong with it.

My acwake is 0 but whenever I attach/dettach charger the computer starts breefly (2-3 seconds) and then goes to sleep again. It does not matter if I close the lid or I go to sleep from the apple menu.

Battery Power:

lidwake 1

autopoweroff 0

autopoweroffdelay 0

standbydelay 0

standby 0

ttyskeepawake 1

gpuswitch 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

displaysleep 5

sleep 5

acwake 0

halfdim 1

sms 1

lessbright 1

disksleep 5

AC Power:

lidwake 1

autopoweroff 0

autopoweroffdelay 0

standbydelay 0

standby 0

ttyskeepawake 1

gpuswitch 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

womp 0

displaysleep 5

networkoversleep 0

sleep 10

acwake 0

halfdim 1

sms 1

disksleep 10

I already erased

HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist-orig  
HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.AutoWake.plist

But it did not help. Its the same. Did reset on PRAM & SMC. I did everything that I can think of. Any help?

Aditional info:

In console I get

12/8/12 2:36:22.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: EC.ACDetach (Maintenance)

12/8/12 2:40:31.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: EC.ACAttach (Maintenance)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 5:50 AM

26 replies

Dec 8, 2012 7:37 AM in response to DimitarChukaliev

If you have AppleCare I would take advantage of that, there are number of things that have gone awry, and this sounds like a hardware problem, if possible see if you can borrow a computer from someone. I've heard of Apple doing loaners for time crunch repairs, as well as it could be a fairly quick fix. I would be backing up multiple times of day..just in case.

Go in to Apple, be very nice to the folks, and ask what they might be ablr to do for you, they tend to be very accomaodating. Be careful as to using different PUS's as they are not all the same some are 45 awtt, 60 watt, 85 watt. MBP 15 uses 85 watt, under pwering with a 45/60 watt can cause issues from not providing enough current, thus creating a possible problem augmentation.

Maybe there is someoe in the community that might have some suggestions on this issue that might give a fix of sorts.

Best of luck

Dec 8, 2012 7:47 AM in response to sanjampet

I am electrical engineer with pursuing masters in Informatics. So I am well aware of the problems using different charger can have. I just did it for testing purposes.

It's just my frist time using mac and OS X, but not with UNIX. I thougt this is some apple specific problem, but according to your advice, it could be hardware problem. I will take my computer to authorized reseller, since I dont have Apple store in Lugao, CH. 😀

I am well aware of the problems using different charger can have. I just did it for testing purposes.

Thanks for the advice.

Jan 17, 2013 9:11 PM in response to DimitarChukaliev

This is a problem with all 2012 MacBook Pros that have applied the update DL1609 via Software Update. This update is called MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0. The only fix that exists for this is to reinstall OSX and just not install this update when it shows in the available updates list in the AppStore. Just hide it until this issue is fixed by Apple.

If your OSX 10.8.2 version is anything after version (12C60) then you will have this problem. The problem is as follows. With the system asleep with clamshell closed, plugging and unplugging the power cable causes the system to wake up and go back to sleep. Additionally, leaving the system plugged into power for over 4 hours will cause the system to go into hibernation, but only when plugged in. If it's not connected to AC power while sleeping for that long, it will not enter hibernation.

Please call Apple and complain about this problem. I have been working with them for over a month and a half trying to get them to fix this and it's a major hand-holding process because they didn't initially understand the issue. Add to that the fact that they insisted that this problem doesn't exist and it just made it that much harder to get them to see the issue.

You need to call them AppleCare and let them know you're having this problem. Along with that, email the rep you're working with links to every Apple Support Forum thread you can find on this. Trust me, there are several with this same exact problem.

Mar 5, 2013 9:46 PM in response to SwankPeRFection

I discovered I have this issue last night. I'd noticed it happening but thought I was imagining it until I actually paid full attention.

My MBP definitely wakes on AC change despite having the setting set to off. It shows up as a darkwake entry in the logs.

I've also noticed that the logs show other darkwake occurences which appear to have stopped when I turned off "wake for network access" in Energy Saver Preferences. I'm doing testing on this before today and tomorrow so it's still TBC.

Why it would be switching on in the middle of the night for maintenance or network access when it's sleeping and I am too is beyond me. If I put it to sleep I want it to stay that way!

I've also logged a support call with Apple and have an in-store appointment on friday to, at the very least, log the issue as a problem.

Mar 6, 2013 6:33 AM in response to BigGee42

BigGee42 wrote:

I discovered I have this issue last night. I'd noticed it happening but thought I was imagining it until I actually paid full attention.

My MBP definitely wakes on AC change despite having the setting set to off. It shows up as a darkwake entry in the logs.

I've also noticed that the logs show other darkwake occurences which appear to have stopped when I turned off "wake for network access" in Energy Saver Preferences. I'm doing testing on this before today and tomorrow so it's still TBC.

Why it would be switching on in the middle of the night for maintenance or network access when it's sleeping and I am too is beyond me. If I put it to sleep I want it to stay that way!

I've also logged a support call with Apple and have an in-store appointment on friday to, at the very least, log the issue as a problem.

That right there is 100%+ the reason why a lot of people don't know of this issue yet. They don't pay attention closely enough. You cannot imagine how long it's taken me for Apple to finally realize where the problems are with this behavior change they made.

Mar 17, 2013 5:23 PM in response to SwankPeRFection

I can also confirm the source of this issue is the Firmware Update 2.0.

I performed an erase and install of OS X 10.8.2 last week and re-applied all updates EXCEPT the firmware update 2.0.

I also restored all my content and Apps from Time Machine.

Once done, I tested the AC adaptor connection and the MBP no longer wakes when the AC adaptor is connected or disconnected.

I went into the store to explain the issue and they noted that their store models do the same thing. They recommended I call AppleCare and log it as a problem, which i'll be doing shortly.

acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out, acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out, acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.