Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes is rubbish

Is the new Itunes just utterly rubbish ?? - not only is it now so confusing - you cannot find anything - but how slow can they make it ???

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:37 AM

21 replies

Dec 25, 2012 8:15 AM in response to Jonomilburn

Let me see...

I can either;

1. agree with you. Then you'll have a kindred spirit.
  2. disagree with you. Then you'll have someone to argue with.
  3. ask if you would like to state what views you would like to see, what you are trying to find, and if you would like someone to help you re-instate the views you prefer.

Which of the above options would you prefer me to go for?

I realise that three options is quite tough, so as it's Christmas, I'll give you a clue.

I'm not going for option 1.

I don't feel like argueing with you.

Jan 2, 2013 8:26 AM in response to the fiend

Its an utterly pointless reply - Itunes has become so direct at selling, you are forgetting the program runs our products, that should be the focus - not pushing and pushing harder for more sales.

Apple make amazing products, but the version of itunes made the experience slow and clunky - almost to the point of considering a move - I have Pads, TV, Phone - so I am a main user !

I would have an inferior unit for better back up ? - that's my point.

So my phone is up soon - and for the first time in 5 years - I am considering a non apple product.

Jan 2, 2013 8:32 AM in response to Jonomilburn

Have you turned off Search Entire Library?

Click on the downward pointing arrow to the right of themagnifying glass and untick Search Entire Library. This should improve the performance.

The point behind the fiend's response is that none of us here work for Apple or receive anything for our voluntary efforts. We are all users like you who try to help each other out.

As my dad used to say you can always catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar.

So please try to remain courteous and polite you are mush more likely to get the help you want.

if you want to moan at apple then use the feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Jan 2, 2013 8:43 AM in response to Steve Taylor1

Well - gobsmacked - why would you do this ?

Apple should be taking note of customers opinions - the web has thousands (and thats probably hundreds of thousands) stating Itunes is ruining the experience ?

Needing to be on here says it all?

Simplicity is king ........... shame I bought two ipads for wife & son for Christmas - so we are all apple based - should have heard them when Itunes updated - so its not just me at home !

Ha ha nothing more you can do for me !

Hope it changes or everything I have is on ebay in July !! Samsung here I come ;-)

Jan 2, 2013 9:18 AM in response to Jonomilburn

As given we're fellow users on these boards. Apple don't provide direct support on here, though they probably do take a look from time to help gauge the reaction to change. If you were happy(ish) with iTunes 10.7 we can help either restore most of the look and feel of it or help you downgrade until such time as you move on. See this post for details.

tt2

Jan 2, 2013 11:50 AM in response to Jonomilburn

Jonomilburn wrote:

Its an utterly pointless reply -

Far from it.

Your further responses demonstrate quite clearly that all you want to do is moan.

And yet, this is a forum intended to help users get the best from their Apple products. Can't do that when all you do is whinge, despite me making it very clear that you should have chosen option 3 from the ones I provided.

No helping some people, is there?

Jan 2, 2013 12:04 PM in response to Steve Taylor1

Steve Taylor1 wrote:

2) For a TV program of multiple series yes it only shows the first season picture is it a glitch or feature.I don't know but it sures as heck does not stop me from watching the TV Series

Looks like a feature not a glitch. If you have episodes from more than one season the expanded view shows buttons for All Episodes, [No Season], Season 1, Season 2 etc. You can easily switch between a view showing all the episodes or just those from a given season.

tt2

Jan 2, 2013 10:50 PM in response to the fiend

Ha ha - you are not very good at this are you ?

You may do it for free, but you really are not the correct individual for assisting or helping others - attempting to be funny when people have frustrations is as I stated utterly pointless.

Perhaps you should find another way of filling your time - rather than compounding Apples issues and making it an even easier decision to use other manufactures.

You a quite a liability !!

Jan 3, 2013 5:38 AM in response to Steve Taylor1

Oh I know. I was just interested in the feature vs. glitch issue so I had a look at what was going on. Hadn't noticed the new behaviour until then. 🙂

I actually think it is an improvement, but I can see how those who have invested effort in applying the correct season art and are used to what they had might be peeved at the change. At least I won't need to help anyone else who found the old one artwork per season annoying. 😀

tt2

Jan 30, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Jonomilburn

I guess I just don't get it. I find iTunes very limiting. I can't figure how to sort the ! column. As I have moved a lot of files they are now showing up as !. I understand that but deleting them is a process (for me).

And.. I have music on my iPad and just plugged into a PC ( I have 3 macs and 2 PC's) and for me to add music from PC A I have to lose all the contents of the iPad. As I want to keep the contents and just add more I can't figure it out. So no new music for me right now.

I used to use MediaMonkey and found it excellent. Even my 15YO daughter says she hates ITunes. Bring Back Steve.

Is it really just me?

itunes is rubbish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.