Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

would a MacBook be worth buying?

Would a MacBook be worth buying?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 7:12 PM

Yes.

24 replies

Jan 12, 2013 1:38 PM in response to Brandontischer 232

Brandontischer 232 wrote:

I'll take a look on craigslist and see because I know these are around $300 and that's a reasonable price for me.

I would not touch a stranger's except with a rocket launcher. Unless you get it for $50 and expect that you will get what you pay for. If a friend of yours who you trusted was selling ... different story.

Go to Apple refurbished store (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac) for lower prices on Apple-certified models.

Jan 12, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Brandontischer 232

$300 is very small budget. Usually only "two external drives for backup" fall into that.

As an alternate ...

You can get a mini-tower case, 500 W powersupply, and deals for about $100 on small motherboards/lowendCPUs. Build your own mini-tower for about $400. Post on message board at college (you did not refute that part) saying "Tell me ow to build and what to buy, please".

would a MacBook be worth buying?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.