Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is mackeeper

what is mackeeper

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 1:31 AM

14 replies

Jan 19, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Allan Eckert

I had not found the link between Zeobit and clamxav.org that you did.

Yeah, there really isn't a link anymore. Once upon a time, that domain was registered directly to Zeobit, and contained a fake ClamXav "review" with a big green Download button that actually redirected to the MacKeeper site. They got a lot of flak about that, and at this point, ownership of the domain is hidden behind a domain name ownership obfuscation service. We can't prove Zeobit still owns it, but it still has a "review" of ClamXav (now with ads for Norton and AVG).

The legit ClamXav site is www.clamxav.com (not .org).

Nov 19, 2013 9:10 PM in response to roksbug

I have used MacKeeper for 3 years, and had no issues until now. There appears to be a serious issue with MacKeeper’s Binaries Cutter utility. Others beside myself have experienced missing Mac Mail folders and missing emails in those folders after running Binaries Cutter, after it asks for a password because it wants to delete the “unnecessary” portion of the ppc architecture. This is not the early Mavericks Gmail problem – I don’t have Gmail. I found several complaints about this happening, and it has caused me a major headache over the last 5 days after upgrading from Mac OS Lion to the Mavericks OS. After restoring various Lion backups 3 times and always running the Binaries Cutter – and always losing Mail folders and emails, I finally disabled the Binaries Cutter function the 4th time. No lost folders or emails!

CAUTION: Something is amiss with the Binaries Cutter function!!

what is mackeeper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.