Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BlueTooth Connection Allow Ignore Prompt for Car

Everytime I start my car (which is already paired to my iPhone 4S), the system prompts to allow or ignore the bluetooth connection. I have to press Allow to continue to connect for all audio features. My phone (calls) work fine and auto-pair. This is only for the entertainment features (Pandora, etc). I have a Honda Accord 2013 with HandsFreeLink but I am guessing the question is more general. Is there a way to turn off the prompt to connect each time and force the phone to autoconnect? Again, I am already paired for phone calls, this is just for audio features. Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:28 AM

19 replies

Jan 15, 2013 12:02 PM in response to mhenry

If there's no setting in HondaLink to control this, then there's nothing you can do. The message is coming from HondaLink. It's apparently using some proprietary method of communicating with the head unit.

My cars support A2DP streaming. I don't use a separate app to communicate with the head units. It just works.

I'd contact Honda, or whoever developed that app.

Jan 15, 2013 12:13 PM in response to mhenry

I can't speak to Pandora.

Although now that you mention it. Look in Settings>Privacy>Bluetooth Sharing.

See if there is a way in there to grant the apps rights to access your data without prompting you.

It didn't come to mind immediately, because I don't use anything that shows up in that section. A2DP streaming works differently.

Dec 13, 2013 4:37 PM in response to mhenry

I have the same problem in my new Mazda 3 with my iPhone 5s. The car has Pandora, Stitcher, and Aha integration, but every time I select one of the sources I get an allow/ignore dialog on the phone. This makes these integrations useless while driving. Even if you hold the phone and try to press allow it all happens so quickly it is almost impossible. I don't understand the point of this dialog in the first place. There needs to be some way to turn this off.

Sep 7, 2014 2:42 PM in response to csimono07

This is an iphone issue only. Since the upgrade to os7. This allow pop up appears. Which is very annoying. I went to the apple store and was told this was a security feature. Does not make any sense why they would have this especially when you have already paired your phone withy the car. I have a 2013 accord ex-l model. If the new iphone 6 with the os8 has this feature then I'm switching to a galaxy s5. I have a friend that has a s5 and the s5 was able to start up and play pandora and honda link automatically with that annoying allow popup.

Nov 4, 2014 10:01 AM in response to mhenry

Sorry for pulling an old thread but I figured something out which might or might not help people. I found that if I have the screen unlocked (password entered) I can ignore the prompt (assuming Pandora had been running in the background). If Pandora is running you swipe the prompt and it starts the app. For some reason the security lock is preventing the auto connect to Pandora. This is using IOS 8.1.

BlueTooth Connection Allow Ignore Prompt for Car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.