Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes gift card balance missing?

I cannot see the balance on my itunes gift card account, at the top right hand corner of the itunes screen (on my iPad), where I believe it is supposed to show. Can anyone tell me how to see what has happened with my gift card balance? Thanks.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 9:02 AM

22 replies

Jun 6, 2017 10:47 PM in response to Num-numsbunny

I solved my problem anyways... but unfortunately I don't think it will help everyone. Especially the guy who lost $1,000...

But anyways, my problem was that Apple was charging my gift card to pay for my iCloud storage plan even though I specifically asked them not to. I feel like a moron now 😕

Hope this helps someone out there, but I doubt it will.

Aug 7, 2017 6:13 AM in response to Wokbud

I have more than $100 missing, just gone. After I setup a family account all purchases started going to my credit card and I couldn't use my app store credit. More recently I noticed that there is no credit at all shown. Such a rip off. This is not it twice I made a purchase through in app purchase with my kids fav game Bad Eggs and guess what the purchase went through but no credit was credited to their game account. No one cares at apple about our hard earned money.

Jan 24, 2013 6:34 AM in response to Wokbud

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I redeemed an Australian gift card (and the amount appeared in my account) and now the credit is gone.

I have contacted iTunes support and they have been dismissive. Without the original gift card, Apple will not reimburse the credit. Apparently consumers need to keep the disposable plastic Itunes gift card as a backup to the (increasingly failing) iTunes store accounting system. The response:

"Unfortunately, without information on the gift card I will not be able to locate it. Please note Apple cannot be responsible for lost or stolen iTunes Gift Cards."

But it appears they are not responsible for a malfunctioning online accounting system as well.

Thanks Apple.....no surprises that market share is getting smaller.

Apr 3, 2013 12:32 AM in response to Wokbud

This is happening to me as well. I had over $80 in giftcards disappear from my online account. I loaded several itunes cards onto my account thinking that this would be a good way to prevent myself from misplacing money.

Im pretty ticked off. Apple is a billion dollar company--why is this so hard? I spend lots of $$$ on Apple products and all I want is to be able to BUY my music/apps like a respectable person without being robbed. Seriously! Just yesterday I canceled my Spotify account so I could BUY my music instead of renting it and THIS is what I get.
Im not excited about my next trip to the Apple Store...

Apr 3, 2013 12:52 AM in response to Wokbud

My solution.....I don't buy anything from iTines anymore. I know this has no impact on Apple's bottom line, but I refuse to buy new credit and have the same repeat of it going missing.

After years of buying 3 laptops, 2 iPods, an iPad, an Apple TV, 2 iPhones, I am now moving over to Samsung products. So far no problems with their online store and missing credit.

Apr 22, 2013 9:35 AM in response to Wokbud

I had reported my gift card balance was missing earlier and was pleased to see it magically reappear on my pc iTunes ...pleased that is, until I went to purchase items from my wishlist. The balance disappeared.It did not change to a different amount, not even zero, it just vanished & upon checking my bank account, I see that the amount of my purchase was charged there. So $84 dollar gift card balance is gone & I paid out of pocket for my $25 purchase.

I have signed out, in, rebooted, signed out, in to no avail (I only have one account so accidently crediting the wrong account is not an option).

Pretty irritated that I will not be able to use the additional $50 gift card that is in my wallet. Not pleased with iTunes & Apple's lack of support regarding this issue.

Apr 22, 2013 1:43 PM in response to peanut8117

Hi peanut8117,

Have you tried checking your account's Purchase History? Just like HACKINT0SH has mentioned, this is more of a refresh issue. Possibly, you have already used the credits on your account. Try to review your Purchase History to see all the transactions made on your account.

iTunes Store & Mac App Store: Seeing your purchase history and order numbers

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

😉

Jul 23, 2013 2:17 PM in response to Wokbud

Same thing happening to me, left a balance of over £20 3 weeks ago when I bought a couple of items, those purchased items have now come off my credit card and there is no credit balance on my account. Being told that I hadn't redeemed a card for about 3 months and know this is not true as redeemed one less than 2 months ago as my daughter got it for her birthday. Apparently apple think I am supposed to have retained the plastic card with the code despite seeing the balance on my account when redeemed, buying something from it and now being told that this redemption never took place !!!!! I think apple have some serious issues with their redemption process/system and customer service.

Oct 22, 2013 6:38 AM in response to Wokbud

Same problem here. I reset my password and they reduced my balance by a dollar. I've been in contact with support and they just keep telling me to review my purchase history. After 3 rounds of email, they told me my recent gift card (unspecified amount) went on a balance of $0.00. Which means that their numbers don't add up.

<Edited By Host>

itunes gift card balance missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.