Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to pay the same app twice?

I had an iPad 2 and I bought some apps.

Now I have bought a new iPad and I would install the same apps which I had in my old device.

In my new iPad I use the same Apple ID which I used in my old iPad.

If I try to install some app which I have already paid, I can push the INSTALL button and I have no problem (with apps like Noteshelf, neu.Annotate, etc...)

When I try to install Pages and Numbers (I had these two apps in my old iPad) there isn't INSTALL button, but there is BUY APP button.

Do I have to pay again these apps?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 5:43 PM

10 replies

Dec 11, 2013 12:16 PM in response to WonderfulT1

I had this issue with a paid Scrabble app and was able to manually force the app to reinstall on the iPad when it was previously paid on the iphone. Go to App Store - Purchases (on the idevice you purchased it on) and go to copy link (square with up arrow icon) and copy the url. Then paste it into a text file or email, and manually enter it into the other device's browser. This should populate the App Store with the App ready to be re-downloaded without duplicate cost.

Do I have to pay the same app twice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.