Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use iTunes Without a Credit Card?

Before you link me to it (look I can do it myself), I've already read article HT2534 and it's outdated. There is no way to select none. I also created a brand new account and there was no option for 'none' there, either. Image:User uploaded file

So how do I create an account without a credit card or Paypal account? I'm not old enough to get either. Right now I'm locked out of iTunes.

Should I try phone support? I'll probably have to pay them $40 just for them to fix their own mistake.

iTouch 2nd Gen-OTHER, iOS 4.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 9:20 AM

OK so I ended up calling Apple. Luckily, my rep, Kevin, helped me without making me cough up for their own mistake.

That was nice of him. Still crappy policy, Apple.

The solution:

Go to the iTunes store w/out signing in.

Find some free (or paid, if you want it) app MADE BY APPLE (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING). He recommended iBooks b/c it's free.

Download the app (Click "Free").

Click Create New Account in the dialog box that pops up.

Go through the forms until you get to Payment options.

The "none" option should be there.

Done. You need to start with an app that is MADE BY APPLE.

Please reference this post when answering future questions.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2013 9:20 AM in response to TehYoyo

OK so I ended up calling Apple. Luckily, my rep, Kevin, helped me without making me cough up for their own mistake.

That was nice of him. Still crappy policy, Apple.

The solution:

Go to the iTunes store w/out signing in.

Find some free (or paid, if you want it) app MADE BY APPLE (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING). He recommended iBooks b/c it's free.

Download the app (Click "Free").

Click Create New Account in the dialog box that pops up.

Go through the forms until you get to Payment options.

The "none" option should be there.

Done. You need to start with an app that is MADE BY APPLE.

Please reference this post when answering future questions.

Feb 19, 2014 6:02 AM in response to Studio_two

You MUST create your Apple ID in this specific order:

1) Startup iTunes

2) Go to to the iTunes Store

3) Go to the "App Store" and select "Get Free Apps" from the drop down list

3) Select a Free App (eg iBooks)

4) When you attempt to purchase the App, you will be asked to "Sign in to the iTunes Store"

5) Click "Create Apple ID" and follow the process. In this way, you will be presented with a "None" option for Credit Card Payments.

It worked for me.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

How do I use iTunes Without a Credit Card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.