Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to create an iPhone app that allows one to change the apn/mms settings in iOS 6?

I am a college student who is just learning to program apps for iOS. I also work at a cellphone store, and we have many customers who use iPhones with prepaid plans, and we also have many other people who come in to the store who are also using iPhones with prepaid plans who all have the same problem: they cannot send or recieve picture messages. Now the problem that comes up is this: while it is possible to install a "profile" that allows the mobile data to work, it is not possible to edit the mms settings to allow the phone to both send and recieve picture messages unless we jailbreak the phone or put in a sim card from a company that uses a different network from the original carrier. However, the problem with jailbreaking an iPhone is that it can completely destroy it if it is not done correctly (and there is no jailbreak available for iOS 6, at least not a "safe" one). And the problem with the sim card trick is that even though the settings can be changed while it is in the phone, the settings do not always stay set. My question is this: is it possible to create an app which could both access and allow the user to change the apn and mms settings so that both mobile data and mms will work? If so, is there anyway someone could point me in the right direction? Thank you very much.

(Also, if this question is not appropriate for this forum could you please point me to one where it is?)

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:08 AM

Discussing jailbreaking is a no-no here.

You can't do what you're proposing.

1 reply

Is it possible to create an iPhone app that allows one to change the apn/mms settings in iOS 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.