Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer pictures from iPhone 5 to Mac

Thus far I have been unable to uncover information on how to transfer media (iPhone photos and videos) to my MacBook Pro. Can you point me in the right direction?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, to MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.2

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Same as with any digital camera

Open iphoto

Connect iphone

Import pics/vids

47 replies

Jul 30, 2013 7:10 AM in response to wjosten

Well, since we're berating people for what they don't know, perhaps someone should call you out for not looking a bit deeper into the subject yourself. You don't need to use iPhoto to transfer images from your iPhone to your mac. Image Capture is another app that is built into OS X for this very purpose.

Did it say that in your manual, brainiac?

Dec 27, 2013 4:13 AM in response to sweikal

The program I use on the mac is 'Preview'. It's on every single mac. All you do is connect the iPhone and go to File -> Import from iPhone 5 and it will bring up all the pictures and videos you have stored on the device. This is probably the quickest method. I use it all the time when I want to take something and stick it in Photoshop for some good ol' rendering!

<Link Edited By Host>

Aug 26, 2013 10:16 PM in response to sweikal

Thank you @Jonswer, @casparmct and @diraff56!!! I was about to ask "How do I get photos off my iPhone WITHOUT iPhoto."

I know @wjosten will likely be offended but some of us LOATHE iPhoto. I hate it enough to be willing to forgo Photostream on my new Mac. It may be blasphemy but the one thing I miss about my PC is how it handled Photpstream. It's a folder on within the pictures folder no mysterious exporting and impossible to locate iPhoto folders. I could open a photo straight from Photoshop. I just want to practice my Photoshop skills on my MacBook Pro.

As an aside, I forced myself to use iPhoto last week. I asked it to delete photos from my phone but it did not do it. They are still there all 1800 of them. Yes, I'm quite the little amateur iPhotographer and I've not been able to tweak my photos.

Once again, THANK YOU!!!!

Oct 9, 2013 6:39 PM in response to sweikal

There are 2 simple ways:

- Use iPhoto to import your photos/videos when your iPhone is connected to the Mac.

- Use the "Image Transfert" app on your Mac to import your photos/videos from your iPhone to the Mac when your iPhone is connected to the Mac.

And the 3rd way, works only for photos and iCloud. If your iPhone is connected to iCloud and Photo Stream activated, simply go to iPhoto, and your photos will be there (i.e. it only works with photos and not with videos).

transfer pictures from iPhone 5 to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.