Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes keep asking if I want the application to accept incoming network connections when I have iTunes included in OS Firewall to allow incoming connections?

Why does iTunes keep asking if I want the application to accept incoming network connections when I have iTunes already included in OS Firewall to allow incoming connections? My OS is Snow Leopard.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 4:21 PM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2013 8:56 AM in response to tomtreb

I started having the same problem today with iTunes 11.0.4 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, frequently with both the request about network connections and another box offering to take me to the firewall settings.

I removed reference to iTunes in the firewall, dragged iTunes.app to the Trash, pulled the icon off the dock, and checked that there was nothing about iTunes in Login Items under Acccounts in System Preferences, then downloaded iTunes from the Apple site and reinstalled it. So far it is working fine after one initial request to go to the firewall settings and add iTunes - which I did.

Jun 30, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Group Officer

I had the same problem, but rathter than reinstall iTunes I removed all the apps (by selecting the app i.e iTunes and then clicking on the minus button) that the firewall said had incoming permission. systems preferences>security & privacy>firewall>firewall options.When I started iTunes again the nag message did not reappear. I then checked the firewall permissions and iTunes was listed again. Not sure why but that cured the problem for me...

Why does iTunes keep asking if I want the application to accept incoming network connections when I have iTunes included in OS Firewall to allow incoming connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.