Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Monitor APNS Health?

What are ways to monitor the performance of the Push Notification system? Is there a way to avoid getting into code? Is there a way to script it? Any diagnostic or monitoring applications, or a tricky way to set something off when a notifcation is sent or received?

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, 32G

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 12:28 PM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2013 1:03 PM in response to msuper69

Okay, except for the fact that I have no idea how to do that :-) I'd imagine there would be a way to access a primitive to wait for receipt of a notification, to send a notification. Would it use the UID of the device?

If these are too newbie-like, feel free to point me to a reference. It's admittedly a pretty general question, but I'm open to all input.

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2013 2:00 PM in response to msuper69

Excellent. I am interested in the development, but this being a client need, I'd rather focus on the most expeditious method and then get into the interesting stuff. I'd have to imagine there are existing tools for monitoring APNS, considering how prevalent it is. I do have a developers license, so I'll see what goodies await. Your information is greatly appreciated. (As is more :-) )

How to Monitor APNS Health?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.