Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 5.2 Apple TV remote app not work on ipad

After updating appletv(5.2) and ipad2 (6.1), Apple TV remote-app not work on ipad (no error. message loop: connecting to apple tv...........)

Remote-app iphone and home-sharing works correctly

this happens to you?

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 3:23 PM

21 replies

Jan 29, 2013 11:47 AM in response to MatteNet

Same problem here. updated iPhone 5 to latest iOS 6.1, updated Apple TV 3. generation to 5.2. Home sharing doesn't work at all now!! not on the iphone, not on apple tv and not on the pc in itunes. Synching the iPhone screen with apple tv doesn't work! Tried restart everything, desactivated home sharing, reactivated it, changed the name of my musiclibrary, changed settings in my router, restarted router, disabled firewall, NOTHING helps! Actually, my apple tv is useless now! I just can rent movies and listen to music through icloud....but other than that?! 😠 What's wrong Apple?????? I was thinking about buying a mac but if nothing works in a simple wireless network.......?!

Jan 29, 2013 4:36 PM in response to MatteNet

You are not alone. I tried all the fixes, multiple times, but nothing worked.

I think there's nothing to do but wait. The fact that many of us are experiencing the same problem with the iPad Remote app, and the fact that the iPhone Remote app still works fine, tells me it's a glitch in the software - maybe Apple TV 5.2, maybe iOS 6.1 (I updated to both yesterday).

Meanwhile, since Apple does not read these forums, I suggest we all leave comments on their feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

That way they'll at least know a bunch of us are having this issue.

Hopefully Apple will issue a fix soon.

Ios 5.2 Apple TV remote app not work on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.