Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player Install Failure

I am brand new to Macs, had my MBP 13" for one week and everything has so far gone so smoothly. However, I just had my first problem. Adobe Flash Player install failed right at the last steps. I wish these things came with an instruction manual. I am old school. What do I do with the thing showing in my download stack on my dock for this flash player and also what do I do with the same that is showing in my finder window for same.

My first thought would be delete and try again but I am so afraid of making a mess out of my MBP tht has so far just worked so well. Please advise what should I do and THEN if I should try again for the Flash Player install. Oh and I am trying from the Adobe site.

Please help and thank you.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 2:25 PM

45 replies

Feb 3, 2013 2:35 PM in response to sig

Thank you for replying. That is where I started from and then ended with the failure. Please advise if its ok to delete what is showing on my machine. It failed before finishing but what initially downloaded from Adobe (a .dmg that shows in my downloads) that I had to click on to actually start something on my machine is still there. Will it hurt my machine to delete that so I can try again?

Feb 3, 2013 3:03 PM in response to Kurt Lang

It went thru the blue line where it shows download percentage and then went to a screen that said "Final Destination Error" and then it went to a screen that said your download was not successful. I looked there at all the troubleshooting tips and cannot figure out why it was not successful. I have all the software updates for ML and have 488 GB of free space. ???

Feb 3, 2013 3:30 PM in response to IpadinParadise

Well, I did and I still get the same thing. Except I was mistaken, the error is "general installation error". I dont now why. I have now enabled Java just in case and I allowed popups and neither of those fixed so the install finished. This is frustrating me since I see no reason for not completing install on my brand new machine (well it is refurbished but that has nothing to do with it)

Feb 4, 2013 2:19 AM in response to Linc Davis

I'll uncheck for Java, I was just trying everything I could think of. I found a thread on an Adobe forum that read very much like mine. Someone from Adobe responded and gave their email and said it was a problem on Adobe's side. I sent that person an email and will wait to see if they respond. If not, I'll just forget about it, at least I didnt pay for it. Thank you for trying to help and yeah, I was trying to install it from the Adobe website.

Feb 4, 2013 5:47 AM in response to IpadinParadise

Java has nothing to do with any of this, so as Linc noted, leave it off.

Not meaning to offend, but just to make sure we're talking about downloading from Adobe, you should only be getting Flash from here.

I did check the page linked to, and the download worked without a hitch. So if there was some sort of issue on Adobe's end yesterday, it seems to be cleared up.

Feb 4, 2013 6:53 AM in response to Kurt Lang

I took Java off this morning. I am sure I am downloading from Adobe. And I have tried again this morning with the same general installation error. The only thing I can do now is wait to see if Adobe responds to my email because he is aware that there are “some" other Mac users with ML that have had this problem. I have only had this Mac a week but it is a refurbed mid 2012' maybe something is still on there to interfere but I am not computer savvy enough to know what I am saying there.

Adobe Flash Player Install Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.