Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting Photostream: Advanced button has disappeared

It seems that the "advanced" button (account settings tab) has disappeared. Is there an other option to reset Photostream?

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 1:23 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

I guess you'll need to workaround this by deleting the photos from a device that has photostream enabled.

21 replies

Feb 8, 2013 11:33 AM in response to Arie Klerk

Photo stream only keeps photos for 30 days. After that they are removed from your photo stream even though they will remain on your device. However, one outcome of this is that if one of your devices enabled photo stream at a later time, it will receive only the photos from the last 30 days as the others are no longer in your photo stream. This results in two devices with different photos in the my photo stream album.

What probem are you having with syncing photo stream photos? Are the photos syncing from either device?

Feb 8, 2013 11:49 AM in response to randers4

Once in a while I would like to reset Photostream:

1. Reset (empty) Photostream at icloud.com (account settings, advanced tab) to reset the actual stream

2. First disable to empty the Photostream and then enable Photostream to reactivate the stream on on both my mac and iOS device.

The problem is step 1, the advaced tab has disappered wich makes it imposible to clean up my Photostream directory on all my devices! The photos keep on comming back...

Feb 8, 2013 11:55 AM in response to ascSB

I noticed that too. This must be a recent change and as yet, there doesn't appear to be any way to reset your photo stream other than to save the photo stream photos you want to keep to the camera roll on your device, then delete them from your my photo stream album. Deleting the photos from your my photo stream album will delete them from your photo stream as well. Hopefully, the ability to reset your photo stream will be restored soon.

Feb 8, 2013 12:00 PM in response to randers4

I have slightly different problems, although I now understand why the iPhone and iPad can be different.

First I wonder why I do not see a button "Advanced", as said before.

Secondly, what do you mean by "removed from your device", on my iPad I have >1050 photos from up to a year ago, on my iPhone I see only 37 photo's "less than a month old" and in the My Photo Stream folder on my PC (sorry no Apple) I see 1167 files. BTW I changed the folder from my user file on my C;-drive to a documents folder on an external harddisk (always attached).

Feb 8, 2013 12:08 PM in response to Arie Klerk

No idea why Advanced was removed. Hopefully it will be back soon.

I didn't say "removed from your device". I said they are removed from your photo stream but will remain on your device. (But you should still always back them up, because if you ever turn photo stream off, or have to restore your device, when you turn it back on you will only get the photos back from the last 30 days.)

Feb 8, 2013 12:11 PM in response to Arie Klerk

Arie Klerk wrote:

Please don't tell me to select the >1050 pictures one-by-one to delete them...

;-((

Open your My Photo Stream album, tap Edit, tap all the photos you want to keep, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll. Then tap Edit again, tap all the photos you want to delete, then tap Delete. If you're only concerned about clearing your photo stream, you only need to delete the photos from the last 30 days as those are the only ones still in your photo stream (even though you may have many more stored in the my photo stream album on your device).

Mar 22, 2013 3:52 PM in response to ascSB

Just noticed this myself and have to say that in the abscence of any explanation in this thread at least or anything from a google search I'll not be using photostream anymore. I find it insulting given that I signed up for extra storage and can't access my own personal content, regardless of whether I want to delete it or not.

Google+ it is then.

Resetting Photostream: Advanced button has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.