Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple 1and1 SMTP servers failing in Mail

I have got three separate 1and1 email accounts on Apple Mail and none of them are currently able to send. If I try it says it has failed and asks for the password.

I haven't changed my password at all for any of the accounts.

I am using SMTP server: auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk as outlined on their FAQs, and I am using authentication and the default servers Mail suggests. I tried specifying Port 25 as some people seem to suggest that but it hasn't helped.

The issue is not with 1and1 as I can send emails via webmail.

Nor does the issue affect my iPhone. Can anyone suggest anything that might help?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 10:14 AM

Webmail uses different servers, and they are invariably setup correctly.

Post your complete settings so I can check if they are right.

Mail does not know what 1and1 require, that information comes from 1and1, or you.

PS

1and1 publish all the steps for setting up Mac Mail here, on their website.

20 replies

Feb 9, 2013 12:56 PM in response to Kenichi Udagawa

That proves that you can reach the server from your Mac, at which point I run out of ideas. If one arrives I will post back.

Wait .....

One idea, if you have been modifying the same account try deleting it from and putting it back in Mail (back up your mail first, as it is an Imap account you should not lose anything, but this is the real world after all) 🙂

Multiple 1and1 SMTP servers failing in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.