Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s came with Android instead of iOS?

Hello guys,i dont know if this is normal or what,but my iphone came with Android,and from as far as i know,Iphone uses iOS.My PC cant detect the phone somewhy,nor iTunes can.
Any idea of what can i do and/or how to install iOS instead of the current Android?

iPhone 4S, Other OS

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 11:21 AM

21 replies

Feb 15, 2013 11:47 AM in response to paulcb

Don't know,the phone was a gift to me and i also never messed with any iphones either. lol

But as far as i saw on youtube and stuff,its the same as other iphones,'cept that there's no Siri and the version says Android.
It also appears the android symbol with MediaTek written over it whenever the phone starts up,and then it shows "Android" written on android font before starting up.

I'm going to post some pictures of it,so you guys can see it better.

My iphone 4s came with Android instead of iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.