Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i upgrade my ios from 4.2 to 4.3??

i`ve been trying to upgrade, but the itunes says that is already upgraded, and i have to wait until the next updating.. i need some help!

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 2:43 PM

I suspect you have a 2G iPod. Those can only go to iOS 4.2.1.

Identifying iPod models

iPod touch (3rd generation)

iPod touch (3rd generation) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2013 2:43 PM in response to tamaramilena

I suspect you have a 2G iPod. Those can only go to iOS 4.2.1.

Identifying iPod models

iPod touch (3rd generation)

iPod touch (3rd generation) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318.

how can i upgrade my ios from 4.2 to 4.3??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.