Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork Pages not saving hyperlinks in PDF

I'm working from a MacBook Pro

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

I have a Pages document that looks awesome and the hyperlinks work perfectly in, but as soon as I export or print to PDF, all but one of the hyperlinks don't work.

iWork Pages Doc

http://healthylifestyleandspirit.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Juice_for_weight_loss_3_da y_cleanse_challenge/3 Day Juice Cleanse/outline.pages

PDF (that doesn't work)

http://healthylifestyleandspirit.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Juice_for_weight_loss_3_da y_cleanse_challenge/3 Day Juice Cleanse/outline copy.pdf

PLEASE HELP.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 8:29 AM

24 replies

Mar 5, 2013 11:36 AM in response to sharlapatrick

Same problem here, very frustrating. Except that the links work fine in the regular text area. It's only when hyperlinks are in a table that the hyperlinks don't carry over to PDF exports.

Any updates? Upgrades to fix this? Or am I missing something (user error)?

I'm using OS X 10.8.2 on a late 2012 27" iMac with the software Pages 4.3.

Jul 26, 2013 9:00 AM in response to marylittlebit

I'm having the same problem. I was trying to hyperlink text inside a shape (a rectangular page border). When I saved to PDF, the link became inactive. However, after REMOVING the rectangle (page border), and printing the document to PDF again, the link became active. How weird is that?

I used to hyperlink text inside all kinds of shapes and PDFs were fine. Not sure when this bug surfaced. Could it be with Mt. Lion? Hope there's a fix soon. This makes Pages practically useless to me in quite a lot of situations.

😠

Oct 30, 2013 10:04 AM in response to sharlapatrick

I figured it out! I was using the Calibri font, which I had to install myself because it wasn't native to Mac. When I switched my whole document to a native Mac font (I chose Gill Sans) all the hyperlinks worked when I exported the document! Some only worked when the document actually displayed the URL (instead of displaying a sentence or word in place of the URL. Phewf!

Nov 5, 2013 4:02 AM in response to DreAllDay

Not sure if anyone found a good working solution. For me, so far, the only thing I found that worked is a) links on the first page will remain when converting to PDF and b) all links typed out as in full URLs & full email addresses, will work. Nothing else works so far.

I have created boxes, brought them to the front - to no good use. I am a newby to apple/mac and have not been able to remove the template borders which someone suggested somewhere online might be an issue too. Most windows users will have Adobe Acrobat and I am checking all my created PDFs against Acrobat and found the same issue with hyperlinks as in Preview.

Any other good working solutions? Good free PDF converter software that will work?

I am using OS X Maverick, Pages 5.0 and I am using a standard newsletter template.

Nov 15, 2013 4:27 AM in response to mamboe29

@mamboe29 I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you described here and it is really frustrating. I was in contact with apple support and explained the issue, they promised they would forward it to their developers, I am not sure what the outcome will be though. The weird thing is that hyperlinks will work on the first page when exporting the pages document to pdf, but not on subsequent ones. (I am using Mavericks as well with the latest Pages version.) I have searched for alternative solutions for hours but cannot find anything ... it really *****.

iWork Pages not saving hyperlinks in PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.