Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2013 9:54 AM (in response to Mariusariel)
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2013 12:45 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
I used the DNS server settings from Google:
IPv4 settings 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 and then I also put these IPv6 settings just to be sure
It seems to work. at least for now. Fingers crossed.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2013 1:34 PM (in response to Mariusariel)
I wouldn't recommend that you keep those DNS settings permanently. There are both privacy and technical reasons why you might not want to. The problem with your ISP's DNS servers may be temporary. I suggest you revert to them in a few days and test.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2013 2:09 PM (in response to Mariusariel)
This is a comment on OpenDNS and other public DNS services, such as Google DNS.
When you use our Services, OpenDNS stores certain DNS, IP address and related information about you to improve the quality of our Service, to provide you with Services and for internal business and analysis purposes.
...[I]t is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements...
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2013 3:12 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
Thank you for taking time to answer me. Much appreciated.
I solved my Google and mail problem with the help of Apple Support. The real poison that prevented me doing things was a corrupted preference file that this fantastic support person was able to help me locate. I have been talking with many kinds of IT support but Apple is the best by miles.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2013 5:45 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
Yes, this is very strange. Now I have been using both Safari and email without any problems. The only thing that I can think of as a change (except deleting my mail accounts, deleting the preferense plist and building them again) is that I disabled firewall that was on my interent providers modem settings...
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 28, 2013 3:48 AM (in response to Linc Davis)
I have a similar safari/google issues, but no issue with my email.
You seam very knowlegable, maybe you can help me.
Since I bought the Macbook pro retina 13inch I can't access google service and youtube anymore. It never worked on this new laptop.
- google maps
- google translate
- google play
- google books
It's only a problem with Safari, as soon as I use a different browser like Opera or Firefox, everthinks works. If I use Safari I get the message: "Safari can't connect to Server"
I'm searching for a while for people with the same issue but I was not able to find anything.
Some tipps like run safari in 32 bit mode, rest safari, delete all cookie, check host file for redirecting ip entries, all this had no effect.
would be very glad if you could help.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points