Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall Outlook & PowerPoint (Office 2011) from my MacBook Pro?

I'm trying to make some space on my 250 mg hard drive. Is there an easy way to uninstall Outlook & Powerpoint? I still use Word & Excel. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Core 2 Duo/2.5 GHz/4 GB RAM/250 GB

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 10:31 AM

there is a program named "AppCleaner". you can google it. Drop powerpoint or anything into it then click delete. it should work.

But if i were you, i would uninstall the entire office, then only install word, excel or what you prefer to use.

19 replies

Mar 6, 2013 6:00 PM in response to Murat_isik

Murat_isik wrote:

there is a program named "AppCleaner". you can google it. Drop powerpoint or anything into it then click delete. it should work.

But if i were you, i would uninstall the entire office, then only install word, excel or what you prefer to use.

Just FYI, App Cleaner (or any other that I have tried) will not remove MS Office 2011 completely, neither will Microsoft's own automated uninstaller. The manual method works, but must be adhered to exactly

Jan 24, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Csound1

I know this is an old thread, but to bring closure to it can someone please advise how to selectively install applications from the install bundle, as referenced above? i have seen it posted elsewhere to 'simply' install what you want, but this doesn't seem very straightforward to me and others who *do not* have install cds, but instead have .dmgs from schools, universities, etc.

Nevermind! The installer has a button for 'Customize' tucked away on the mid-left bottom of the pane. Here's the reference pic: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1627409#6

Message was edited by: ayiti2015

Jan 24, 2014 11:19 AM in response to ayiti2015

Then why not enlighten us by telling us where it is hidden.

This is the standard custom installer exception blurb

Click Customize to select or to remove optional installation components. For example, click Customizeif you do not want to install Office Fonts, Dock Icons, or certain applications such as Microsoft Messenger, Remote Desktop, or Microsoft Document Connection.

Which does not allow you to alter which applications are installed.

So I would like to know what you know.

How do I uninstall Outlook & PowerPoint (Office 2011) from my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.