Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Required to reset AppleID?

Hello!

I have been running into a few issues with my Apple ID. It appears that, at least to my observation, since I have become a developer and/or created a developer account using my Apple ID that I am required to reset my password every few months. I'm not entirely certain that this is the case but I am here to ask a question. Do developers have to frequently reset their Apple ID password? It is a bit of trouble when you have several devices like an iPad, iPhone, MacBook Pro, server, etc. It also seems to cause massive amounts of problems with iMessaging and various other Apple ID related services. Today I spent several hours trying to get iMessaging to work properly. After I reset my Apple ID I was receiving messages and sometimes not. Sometimes they get sent from another number or email address and sometimes not even though I have everything on all devices set to send and receive from the same email addresses and phone numbers.

So, simply put, do I need to reset my Apple ID every few months as a developer? And is there a way around this? As I said it is very very disruptive.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:04 PM

You should only have to reset your Apple ID password if Apple suggests you do so (and make sure it's not a phishing attempt) or you want to.

I've been a paid developer for 2 1/2 years and have never had to reset my Apple ID.

Although I have reset it every now and then just for good measure.

1 reply

Required to reset AppleID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.