Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't sign in

When I go to itunes it says that I am signed in, but when I go to buy songs, it says I need to sign in again to go to billing info. I put my password in, but the same box pops up again and again, and it never changes to billing information or confirms that I signed in.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 6:26 PM

I have the same thing happen on my Mac. Worse is that I decided to log out of my account and now I can't log in at all since it constantly asks for my sign in information. But logging in to appleid.apple.com works just fine so I'm stumped. Tried clearing iTunes cache, disabling firewall, and reinstalling iTunes with no success. I'm logged in to the Mac App Store and iCloud but my iCloud says that my account is unavailable at this time. My Mac App Store account never asks for my password once I'm logged in (since I selected that option), so no real problems unless I attempt to purchase. Based on what the message from iCloud says, I suppose my account is under maintenance or something. But it has been several days now, so I'm a bit worried Apple has lost my account rather than it being under maintenance.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2013 6:26 PM in response to aidanm12

I have the same thing happen on my Mac. Worse is that I decided to log out of my account and now I can't log in at all since it constantly asks for my sign in information. But logging in to appleid.apple.com works just fine so I'm stumped. Tried clearing iTunes cache, disabling firewall, and reinstalling iTunes with no success. I'm logged in to the Mac App Store and iCloud but my iCloud says that my account is unavailable at this time. My Mac App Store account never asks for my password once I'm logged in (since I selected that option), so no real problems unless I attempt to purchase. Based on what the message from iCloud says, I suppose my account is under maintenance or something. But it has been several days now, so I'm a bit worried Apple has lost my account rather than it being under maintenance.

Mar 20, 2013 9:17 PM in response to aidanm12

Same issue. Started today and has lasted over 12 hours. Tried two seperate networks, a test user account, cleared iTunes plists and caches, changed iTunes/Apple ID password and a bunch of other things to no avail. Contacted Apple Support and the initial two replies had nothing to do with the issue (waiting on a third reply).

Basicly, iTunes can load the store and all links that are NOT associated to my account. However, if iTunes needs to access something related to my account (i.e. sigining in, authorizing a rental, updating Genius, etc.) it becomes stuck in an an endless loop of "Accessing iTunes Store..." Occasionally it will error out with one of two error messages ("iTunes is unavailable at this time." or "There was an error in the iTunes store."). Both error messages state to "Try again later."

Hoping that this is only a one day, temproary error. As of right now, I am unable to even login into my iTunes account on the Mac (I am able to access my account just fine via my iPhone).

Mar 21, 2013 7:46 AM in response to aidanm12

Having different, but similar issues yesterday & today. Click on iTunes store, get the white "iTunes Store" "screen", nothing else. Eventually, store shows up, but, can't login to account ("The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable").

Using latest version of iTunes. Was working on Tues, started acting up on Wed. iOS devices having no issues accessing the store.

ADD: and when doing an iOS app update, infinite "Accessing iTunes Store...".

Mar 23, 2013 11:03 AM in response to Ric W

It was exactly the same for me. I could access iTunes on the same computer with a different (new) user, but any other route would lead me to the Connecting to iTunes Store loop. In the end I had to restore ML as well as my content using Time Machine.

Out of curiosity did anyone sync an iOS device prior to this happening? I'm trying to figure out if there's a correlation. I did sync my iPad the night before.

iTunes won't sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.