Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outgoing mail not sent BUT appears in "SENT" folder

G'day all!

Just tried to send some PDF's about 225k in size and also a copy past version of the same doc via Mail app. ALL attempts appear to get sent and they DO appear in the SENT folder but they do not get to the recipient. All other attempts to send stuff goes but not but NOT this particular item. I have sent them to myself at various addresses incl. iCloud and my normal ISP's in box for my account. All were sent via iCloud outgoing but none arrived – only the "test" emails (to make sure it wasn't me) arrived All pdf's were made on an iPad. Any clues? very strange indeed! cheers, Sam

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Apple wireless keyboard

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 1:34 PM

19 replies

Mar 19, 2013 2:33 PM in response to timothy.a.clifton

Well maybe but with the greatest of respect and appreciation, it simply does not ring true to me......I've tried other docs (PDF's) from both Pages & iBooks and they send alright. Only THIS particular doc as a PDF does not go. AND the text on a cut/paste into an text only email does NOT go. I wonder if Apple servers "read" emails??? A wild thought I know. Anyway I WILL try your suggestion about deleting Pages when I get back to home base. Thanks again, Cheers!!

Sam

Mar 19, 2013 2:46 PM in response to timothy.a.clifton

No, no, no!!! Absolutely NO apologies nessecary!!! YOU are trying to help ME! <g> Let me start from the top.....I read an online article in a mag called the New Yorker. I wanted to send the article to several friends and NOT simply the link. I copy/pasted the article from "Reader" in Safari into Pages as a new doc. I "open in another app" from Pages as a PDF and tried to send it direct from Pages as described before AND "open in iBook" and tried to send it. It made the motions of going but the people did not get it. I tried to paste the body text into a normal email and agin no such luck. Every time it registers in the "sent" folder but does NOT arrive. I repeated all the above as me the recipiant and no luck. I tried other pdf's from both app (Pages &amp; iBooks) to me – no probs. Everytime anything is sent it appears in the "sent" folder but only THIS document/bunch of words, no go???? Curious huh?

cheers,

sam

P.S. I have done a work around and sent the link but I though that someone might have an idea here......

outgoing mail not sent BUT appears in "SENT" folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.