Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Developer ID for temporary contractor

Another person is developing an app for me, so I need to create a developer ID. But I do not want them to have access to my credit card info. How can I hide that from them?

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 5:55 PM

Finally found the answer, but it does not help that I can't get into the Developer forum using any browser except Safari. Not Chrome, not Firefox, certainly not IE. And even Safari for Windows does not work. Anyway, here is what I found as the answer to this question after I gave up and turned to Safari on the iPad:

If you plan to distribute apps on the App Store with your legal entity name as the “Seller”, you need to enroll in the iOS Developer Program. You can add your contractor to your development team so they can access the resources they need to create the app through your account. Do this by inviting them to your team through the People page in Member Center. While you must be the one who submits the app for review, you can get assistance from your contractor.

If your contractor is creating custom B2B apps for use within your business, enroll in the Volume Purchase Program. Your contractor should enroll in the iOS Developer Program to develop and submit your apps to the Volume Purchase Program. You can download your apps on the program website.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2013 5:55 PM in response to Kleeh

Finally found the answer, but it does not help that I can't get into the Developer forum using any browser except Safari. Not Chrome, not Firefox, certainly not IE. And even Safari for Windows does not work. Anyway, here is what I found as the answer to this question after I gave up and turned to Safari on the iPad:

If you plan to distribute apps on the App Store with your legal entity name as the “Seller”, you need to enroll in the iOS Developer Program. You can add your contractor to your development team so they can access the resources they need to create the app through your account. Do this by inviting them to your team through the People page in Member Center. While you must be the one who submits the app for review, you can get assistance from your contractor.

If your contractor is creating custom B2B apps for use within your business, enroll in the Volume Purchase Program. Your contractor should enroll in the iOS Developer Program to develop and submit your apps to the Volume Purchase Program. You can download your apps on the program website.

Mar 20, 2013 7:32 PM in response to Kleeh

Kleeh wrote:

Maybe you should take this as a sign that you really need to switch to the Mac. I can assure you that Firefox works fine. It is the only browser I use for the developer site because my developer Apple ID is different from my personal one. That's a problem accessing multiple Apple sites like I do.

For the next few months I still have to support Windows browsers. I took the liberty of checking the developer site in Windows. As expected, both Chrome and Firefox worked perfectly. Internet Explorer even worked more or less. Curiously, IE7 actually held up better than IE8. IE9 worked as well as Chrome and Firefox.

Developer ID for temporary contractor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.