Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes msi file missing, cannot reinstall and unisntall

My itunes does not sync with my itunes. I try to reinstall itunes and found out that the itunes msi file was missing.

can someone assist me pls.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 12:22 AM

26 replies

Apr 27, 2017 11:12 AM in response to william@golf

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. Start with Missing MSI errors.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Mar 21, 2013 3:22 AM in response to www61

(1) Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility installer file (msicuu2.exe) from the following Major Geeks page (use one of the links under the User uploaded file "DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS" thingy on the Major Geeks page):

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

(2) Doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. (If you're on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system and you get a Code 800A0046 error message when doubleclicking the msicuu2.exe file, try instead right-clicking on the msicuu2.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator".)

(3) In your Start menu click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. The Windows Installer CleanUp utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.

(4) In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select any iTunes entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

(5) Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install. Does it go through properly this time?

May 18, 2013 4:21 AM in response to acooley21

Download Winrar from filehippo and install, Download itunes from Apple, right click on the installer (once downloaded) select extract files, once extracted you should see in the folder iTunes.msi. When you open your iTunes it will prompt you for the iTunes.msi all you have to do now is browse to your folder and give it the location, iTunes should then work correctly

<Edited By Host>

Jun 25, 2013 5:32 PM in response to www61

this is fortunately an easy fix

1. Go to start>run> and type "regedit"

2. Go to edit>find and search iTunes.msi or itunes64.msi

3. Once the search is complete you will see three or so files on th right hand side.

4. Delete the open folder( it's the one with a really random name and it's collapse meaning it has a - sign by the folder.)

5. Run the uninstalled or installer and your done!

Jul 1, 2013 2:03 AM in response to Frank20000

Thank you so much Frank

I am from India / Mumbai

I had same problem of missing iTunes.msi file

with the help of ur guidance ( may be it was for some other person) my problem is sort out

but problem is not sorted out yet

my pc is not accessing my iphone so i could not make use of downloading of music from my pc

kindly bless me with ur valuable tips for this

regards

itunes msi file missing, cannot reinstall and unisntall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.