Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: itunes msi file missing, cannot reinstall and unisntall

My itunes does not sync with my itunes. I try to reinstall itunes and found out that the itunes msi file was missing.

can someone assist me pls.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, Windows 8

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jun 25, 2013 5:32 PM in response to www61 In response to www61

this is fortunately an easy fix

1. Go to start>run> and type "regedit"

2. Go to edit>find and search iTunes.msi or itunes64.msi

3. Once the search is complete you will see three or so files on th right hand side.

4. Delete the open folder( it's the one with a really random name and it's collapse meaning it has a - sign by the folder.)

5. Run the uninstalled or installer and your done!

Mar 21, 2013 3:22 AM in response to www61 In response to www61

(1) Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility installer file (msicuu2.exe) from the following Major Geeks page (use one of the links under the User uploaded file "DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS" thingy on the Major Geeks page):

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

(2) Doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. (If you're on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system and you get a Code 800A0046 error message when doubleclicking the msicuu2.exe file, try instead right-clicking on the msicuu2.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator".)

(3) In your Start menu click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. The Windows Installer CleanUp utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.

(4) In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select any iTunes entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

(5) Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install. Does it go through properly this time?

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Mar 21, 2013 3:22 AM in response to www61 In response to www61

(1) Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility installer file (msicuu2.exe) from the following Major Geeks page (use one of the links under the User uploaded file "DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS" thingy on the Major Geeks page):

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

(2) Doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. (If you're on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system and you get a Code 800A0046 error message when doubleclicking the msicuu2.exe file, try instead right-clicking on the msicuu2.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator".)

(3) In your Start menu click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. The Windows Installer CleanUp utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.

(4) In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select any iTunes entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

(5) Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install. Does it go through properly this time?

Mar 21, 2013 3:22 AM

Reply Helpful (6)

May 18, 2013 4:21 AM in response to acooley21 In response to acooley21

Download Winrar from filehippo and install, Download itunes from Apple, right click on the installer (once downloaded) select extract files, once extracted you should see in the folder iTunes.msi. When you open your iTunes it will prompt you for the iTunes.msi all you have to do now is browse to your folder and give it the location, iTunes should then work correctly

<Edited By Host>

May 18, 2013 4:21 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 25, 2013 5:32 PM in response to www61 In response to www61

this is fortunately an easy fix

1. Go to start>run> and type "regedit"

2. Go to edit>find and search iTunes.msi or itunes64.msi

3. Once the search is complete you will see three or so files on th right hand side.

4. Delete the open folder( it's the one with a really random name and it's collapse meaning it has a - sign by the folder.)

5. Run the uninstalled or installer and your done!

Jun 25, 2013 5:32 PM

Reply Helpful (11)

Jul 1, 2013 2:03 AM in response to Frank20000 In response to Frank20000

Thank you so much Frank

I am from India / Mumbai

I had same problem of missing iTunes.msi file

with the help of ur guidance ( may be it was for some other person) my problem is sort out

but problem is not sorted out yet

my pc is not accessing my iphone so i could not make use of downloading of music from my pc

kindly bless me with ur valuable tips for this

regards

Jul 1, 2013 2:03 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Oct 7, 2013 8:45 PM in response to b noir In response to b noir

Thanks, b noir. Your solution worked! I removed all iTunes relevant files by using the .exe file you provided and then reinstall iTunes again.

Don't know why so many people have this iTunes.msi missing problem when updating software. Apple should pay more attention to it and try to solve it!

Oct 7, 2013 8:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2014 7:22 PM in response to Chrisyc91 In response to Chrisyc91

You may find msi file in other application folder.

Finder --> Application --> Right click any mac application, i.e. Pages --> Choose 'Show package contents' --> Open the 'Contents' folder --> Open '_MASReceipt' folder --> Copy the receipt file into the same folder under iTunes, then you can update iTunes from App Store.

Mar 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2014 7:22 PM in response to Chrisyc91 In response to Chrisyc91

Try this one, hopefully it helps.

Finder --> Application --> Right click any mac application, i.e. Pages --> Choose 'Show package contents' --> Open the 'Contents' folder --> Open '_MASReceipt' folder --> Copy the receipt file into the same folder under iTunes, then you can update iTunes from App Store.

Mar 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: www61

Question: itunes msi file missing, cannot reinstall and unisntall