Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iOS 6.1.3 battery drainage

Last night I updated my iPhone 4S to a iOS 6.1.3 and now it drains my battery in extremely fast manner. As I started signing in to write this question from my iPhone I already lost 13% of my battery. I never had a problem with a battery and ive been using iphones since the first one. i miss my morning class because of it because my alarm clock didn't because my phone was dead. Please fix it or have no choice but buy Samsung GS4

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I can confirm mine is now fine.

Go to settings

Mail, contacts, calendars

Go into iCloud and turn all switches to OFF one by one make sure you save all to iPhone though not just delete

Then go to each other mail account and repeat this procedure again making sure you select keep on iPhone not the delete option

Once they're all turned to off check your calendar to see if everything is missing off it and then you need to do a hard reset by holding the home button and the on/off button until the phone turns itself off.

Once it's come back on go back into settings and mail and turn each switch (or each you want) back to ON.

Then make sure all your apps are closed lock the phone and leave it for 30 mins and then check the battery hopefully if like mine it shouldn't of dropped at all

This worked for me hopefully it will work for others out there

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 22, 2013 4:56 AM in response to Timurjonchik In response to Timurjonchik

I've had the same problem on my 4s since updating to 6.1.2. Now have 6.1.3, and it's no better.

First iPhone I had was a 3GS which lasted me 2 years before being stolen.

I've been riding the iOS train since iOS 3. I have never had a single battery problem with my iPhone 3GS OR 4s until updating to 6.1.2. It seemed the majority of users complained when 6.1 was released, now I'm having problems.

I'm not sure if the software varies at all between carriers but I'm on AT&T, not Verizon.

My phone would hold 100% charge for over 5 hours on standby. Now within an hour it drains to 85%.

I have hard reset, cycled charges between 20% and full drain, removed apps in quick-switch, and there is zero improvment.

Mar 22, 2013 4:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 22, 2013 7:55 AM in response to Timurjonchik In response to Timurjonchik

ditto. iphone5 + corporate exchange + AT&T. prior to 6.1.3 i could go 16-24 hours easily on a charge. Now I can only go about 8-10 hours. This is aweful. Down 40% in 4 hours and it has been in my pocket all morning without use.

I have cycled my phone several times hoping an app was causing it and verified all apps/tasks were closed. Going on my thrid day of drain....

Mar 22, 2013 7:55 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 22, 2013 5:54 PM in response to erockem In response to erockem

erockem wrote:

ditto. iphone5 + corporate exchange + AT&T. prior to 6.1.3 i could go 16-24 hours easily on a charge. Now I can only go about 8-10 hours. This is aweful. Down 40% in 4 hours and it has been in my pocket all morning without use.

I have cycled my phone several times hoping an app was causing it and verified all apps/tasks were closed. Going on my thrid day of drain....

Go into Settings/Mail,Contacts,Calendar, tap on the Exchange account and turn off all of the switches. Reboot the phone by holding HOME and SLEEP until an Apple appears. Then go back to Settings and turn the switches back on. Wait an hour for mail, contacts, calendar to sync, then check the battery again. It will probably be OK.

Mar 22, 2013 5:54 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 22, 2013 6:53 PM in response to JohnandDianne In response to JohnandDianne

Not in the slightest strange. NORMAL. The overwhelming majority of iPhone users never have a problem. It's only the exceptions that come and report problems. That's what the forum is for; to get help with issues.

Mar 22, 2013 6:53 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Timurjonchik

Question: iOS 6.1.3 battery drainage