Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dlna and iMac?

I'm seeing a lot of new products talking about DLNA as the standard fro connecting to home wireless networks.

I have an iMac Intel Core 2 Duo with OSX 10.8.3.

If I buy a product which is DLNA - this is a quote from the Panasonic website -

Share Your Digital Content with DLNA

DLNA-certified Blu-ray Disc™ Players are easy to use with your home network. Smart Networking allows you to stream content around the home with DLNA. Stream content from your PC, NAS Drive or Panasonic Blu-ray Recorder directly to your Player. Share and enjoy digital photos, music and videos by simply connecting to a home network (LAN). For example, you can install a special app on your smartphone and use it to access a DLNAcertified PC via a Wi-Fi router in another room. The PC works as a DLNA server where your collection of movies, photos and videos is stored. You can access, browse and view media stored on the server while in another room without having to worry about shuffling discs.

Will I be able to connect this product to my iMac?

I store my Home Movies on an external hard drive and I hoping I could stream them to watch on my TV.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 5:39 AM

By default, you can't use DLNA with an iMac, so you need a third-party application. One of the best applications to stream your content from the iMac to that DLNA-enabled device is Plex > http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/ Give it a try, because it has good reputation

13 replies

Mar 26, 2013 7:39 AM in response to mende1

What happens if I access BBCiPlayer, for example, on my iMac and then 'look' at it via the Blue Ray player?

Do I just get nothing?

Am I right that somehow the Blue Ray player can only see my Home Movies on the hard Disc because they're stored there and that because 'looking' at something from a catch-up tv service isn't stored on the hard disc then it can't be viewed?

I'm confused because manufacturers seem to be saying their Blue Ray players can access on line services like BBCi Player.

Aug 20, 2013 10:29 PM in response to doverrog

Believe it or not the one that really worked for me is Vuze it detected my Samsung Smart TV and I didn't have to do anything, I just open a new video from the files and double click it and it works flawlessly.

I'm not a tech savvy, I couldn't figured Serviio and PS3 and I gave up. So one day I was gonna download some videos on Vuze and noticed my TV on Vuze and poom................. there.

dlna and iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.