Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer music from iPod to Itunes

I want to transfer my music form my iPod to my itunes. I don't get why apple make it so complicated!!!! My sister has all our songs on her itunes and has forgotten the password and can't get into email so I can't authorise my comuter! Anybody know a simple way I can asily transfer music across (without downloads.) Thanks

The music is on my iPod classic mini thing:')

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 9:25 AM

Hello Rachie:

this should help transfer purchase content:

HT1848 - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848?viewlocale=en_US

and this one should explain why it wont transfer over:

HT1209 - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1209?viewlocale=en_US

these articles should help answer your question, hope it works out for you

good luck.

25 replies

Jul 27, 2013 8:25 AM in response to RachiePie

1. Sync the iPod you want to copy songs from iPod to iTunes.

2. Go to the folder with your backups

3. sort the folders by date modified to find the one containing your the backup you just made (this step is only necessary if you have multiple backup folders, such as if you've synced more than one phone on that computer)

4. Make a copy of the backup folder in case anything gets ****ed up

5. copy the following files from that backup folder to a new folder

-status.plist

-manifest.mdbx

-manifest.mbdb

-manifest.plist

-info.plist

-3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28

6. Set up the phone you want to transfer texts to as a new phone

7. make a new backup after it is set up

8. go to the folder with the new backup created in step 7, delete everything in it leaving an empty folder

9. Copy the 6 files listed in step 5 to the empty folder from step 8

10. right click the iPod in iTunes and restore to backup

11. You should have a fresh phone, set up new but with all of your texts saved

It might give an error message when the restore finishes, but don't panic; take a look at your text messages and they should be there.

Jul 27, 2013 8:27 AM in response to RachiePie

To sync to your iPod go to iTunes>Help>iTunes Help>Sync your iPod....>Sync You Device>Set up Syncing and follow the instructions.

The OP has an iPod Classic which dates back to 2007. Can it not support disk mode?

I don't have a Classic but Disk Mode works on my Nano and it's newer than the Classic by a year or so.

This leads me to believe the iLounge techniques may remain applicable for older, non - iOS devices.

Oct 28, 2013 4:57 AM in response to RachiePie

To sync to your iPod go to iTunes>Help>iTunes Help>Sync your iPod....>Sync You Device>Set up Syncing and follow the instructions.

The OP has an iPod Classic which dates back to 2007. Can it not support disk mode?

I don't have a Classic but Disk Mode works on my Nano and it's newer than the Classic by a year or so.

This leads me to believe the iLounge techniques may remain applicable for older, non - iOS devices.

Nov 22, 2013 4:40 AM in response to RachiePie

Content that you purchase in iTunes on one computer can be transferred from iPod nano to an iTunes library on another computer. The other computer must be authorized to play content from your iTunes Store account. Authorize another computer:

Open iTunes on the other computer and choose Store > Authorize This Computer., Transfer purchased content to another computer:

1 Open iTunes on the other computer and choose Store > Authorize This Computer.

2 Connect iPod nano to the newly authorized computer.

3 In iTunes, choose File > Transfer Purchases from iPod.

<Link Edited By Host>

Transfer music from iPod to Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.