Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing cannot be executed because a printer supported by this software is not installed

It looks like a Canon issue and I have already sent them an email about it... I just wondered if anyone else as recently seen this issue?

* MacBook Pro (Early 2008)

* Mac OS 10.8.3

* Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Ex 4.1.6

* PIXMA MG6220 Printer

When launching Easy-PhotoPrint Ex, the software: "Printing cannot be executed because a printer supported by this software is not installed."

Easy-PhotoPrint Ex 4.1.6 has never been able to recognize my printer under 10.8.3. .. wifi or USB. ONLY

Easy-PhotoPrint Ex 4.1.6 works normally on an older MacBook under 10.7.6 using wifi.

The printer is recognized by the system and will print normally both using wifi and USB, using virtually every software except for Easy-PhotoPrint Ex.

I looks like an Easy-PhotoPrint Ex / 10.8.3 issue -- oh and I just did an erase and restore of the OS this morning - the only 3rd party re-insrtalled is: Easy-PhotoPrint Ex 4.1.6.

Has anyone else seen this issue recently ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Ex 4.1.6

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 5:50 PM

25 replies

Aug 19, 2017 12:11 AM in response to PAHU

Hi, I have an MG5760 and had the same problem with both Easy Photo Print EX and My Image Garden using OSX 10.10. Couldn't print with error message 'Cannot print because a printer supported by this software is not installed' for My Image Garden when Print was selected and a similar message on Easy Photo Print EX that came up when I opened the software. Followed Canon's long involved instructions on deleting printers, restarting computer and installing software and drivers in a specific order - and it didn't work. Found your process PAHU and it worked instantly. Thank you so much. Tracey

Apr 7, 2013 8:25 PM in response to cmoore55

I have EPP v4.1.6 installed on 10.8.3 and printing to an MG6250 without the same issue as you.

It seems unusual that the software mentions no supported printer being installed when the applications opens. I would only expect that when you selected to print. I have a clean 10.8.3 build on my test iMac. I will install this version of EPP without a driver installed and see if I can get the same message.

Apr 7, 2013 10:04 PM in response to cmoore55

Okay. Managed to recreate the fault. With no printer installed this message does appear. AND, if you add the printer but select the AirPrint driver, then you will get the same message. So the solution is to open Print & Scan and remove the current printer for the MG. Then add the printer again, but ensure you do not select the MG6200 showing under Nearby Printers, as shown below.

User uploaded file

Instead, you need to select "Add Printer or Scanner" and then from the new window, after you select the MG6200 Series, you must select "Canon MG6200 series", as shown.

User uploaded file

Jun 15, 2013 9:06 PM in response to PAHU

Perfect!!! I tried so many times to install/uninstall drives and softwares coming with my printer with lates updates from Canon site and nothing worked. I nearly gave up high quality photos printing, as that was the only task didn't work and I was getting that "...not installed" message, when I've seen this solution and it worked staright away! Thanks! Yes, a major BUG!!!

Thanks again!

Jun 23, 2013 12:30 PM in response to cmoore55

Just bought a new MacAir OS 10.8.4 and have been wrestling with the DVD labeling component of Canon MG 6220 Easy-Photo Print. (It's the whole reason I bought the Pixma in the first place.)

DVD label software will NOT work with this OS no matter how many things I try (Uninstalling, re-installing, searching for plug in updates, firmware updates yadda yaadda.). By "not work" I mean the printer prints the label but WAY off how I laid it out. It's a consistant offset.

Wrote Canon, called Canon- they're clueless. They said "it's basically and OS problem..."

All other priner functions are fine. I am at my wit's end. This DVD labeling software worked fine on my ancient G4 with ancient OS.

So. Anybody else with this problem? And, anybody have an idea of alternative DVD labeling system?

Thank so much.

I will PAY someone to solve this for me...btw.

Jun 23, 2013 6:05 PM in response to WalkTheDog

I have had no issue with the printing on discs using the label printing application within EPP on 10.8.4.

You could have an alignment issue with the MG and this can be adjusted by a Canon service agent.

But before you took it in for repair, do you still have the G4 you mentioned so that you could test the DVD printing on?

Jun 23, 2013 6:29 PM in response to PAHU

Thanks so much for your response Pahu.

Yes I have the old G4 and EPP works fine, as always.

Guess I'm frustrated because my computer's brand new, and the printer's only couple months old. AND everything was fine until I bought the new computer.

So, I don't think it's an alignment thing. For some reason printer does not recognize disc template as designed with this OS.

But, thank you - great just to get a respnse!

Oct 12, 2013 10:35 AM in response to PAHU

Thank you! I can't believe the answer was this simple, but this solved it for me!

PAHU wrote:

Okay. Managed to recreate the fault. With no printer installed this message does appear. AND, if you add the printer but select the AirPrint driver, then you will get the same message. So the solution is to open Print & Scan and remove the current printer for the MG. Then add the printer again, but ensure you do not select the MG6200 showing under Nearby Printers, as shown below.

User uploaded file

Instead, you need to select "Add Printer or Scanner" and then from the new window, after you select the MG6200 Series, you must select "Canon MG6200 series", as shown.

User uploaded file

Jan 5, 2014 12:58 PM in response to PAHU

I am having the same problem with the Canon photo software, however when I try to reinstall my Canon MX892 printer as described (ie not using AirPrint), my computer is unable to locate a driver. It will only let me install as AirPrint. I get the message "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server." Any ideas what I can do?

Jan 28, 2014 5:23 PM in response to Helen2424

Helen2424

No, I did not experience that issue.

I have no idea if you have done so...

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Canon drivers from Canon?

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_s eries/pixma_mx892#DriversAndSoftware

I loaded the most recent CUPS driver dated 11/29/13. ( I also loaded the Scanner driver but that is not pertinent to this dialog).

Then, when adding the printer I was able to select other than the AirPrint.

Hope this helps.

Printing cannot be executed because a printer supported by this software is not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.