Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background on app does not load

I am making an app, my first app, but I have run into a problem I don't know how to fix. Whenever I test my app on the simulator, it works fine, but when I test it on my iPod touch 4th gen, it gives me errors. It still compiles and run, but ends up having a black background instead of the background I tried to put in. Also, the loading screen uses the same images, and works fine. I am running the newest version of xcode.

Here is the error:

User uploaded file

This is the code I used to put the background in:

User uploaded file

All the images are there:

User uploaded file

Here are the settings that I use on my views in the storyboard:

User uploaded file

Those settings were default.

Does anyone know why this would be happening? If so, how would I fix it? Like I said, this is my first app, and I am very new to xcode and ob-c, so I might just be making an obvious mistake. Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 7:12 AM

Hi,

I am sure that your png file is not copied to your device. In general there is no problem with what you have done, and If so, the simulator would show you that.

The only problem is how the app is copied to your device. During copy process, the .png file is not copied. I don't know why! Check that with other devices, and see what happens. May be your device has not enough memory!!!!!

Anyway, there is a problem with transfering the .png file to your device. Focus on this to solve your problem. Hope that helps.

Mani Ghasemnia Hamedani

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2013 7:12 AM in response to ironclaw2000

Hi,

I am sure that your png file is not copied to your device. In general there is no problem with what you have done, and If so, the simulator would show you that.

The only problem is how the app is copied to your device. During copy process, the .png file is not copied. I don't know why! Check that with other devices, and see what happens. May be your device has not enough memory!!!!!

Anyway, there is a problem with transfering the .png file to your device. Focus on this to solve your problem. Hope that helps.

Mani Ghasemnia Hamedani

Background on app does not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.