Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Find by Name Contains as Default in Mountain Lion?

Is it possible to Find (Search) by "Name Contains" as Default in a Mac with OS X 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion)?

The current "File - Find" (Command F) shows the mostly useless "Kind is Any" by default.

Even better, is it possible to show by default these two options to fill the appropriate one in each case?

Name contains

Name begins with

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 3:25 AM

21 replies

Apr 16, 2013 2:53 AM in response to baltwo

Thanks. I have noticed that for the Gear icon to show on the Finder windows, the "View - Show Toolbar" must be ON.

On the other hand, I can Drag & Drop the Search Smart Folder to any Finder Window Toolbar to SHOW on all Finder Windows and CLICK the GEAR FOLDER ICON TO ACTIVATE the SEARCH WINDOW. I can also PLACE an ALIAS of the Search Smart Folder in the DESKTOP.

Yet...

For convenience, I would like to activate such Smart Folder Search window clicking on its icon on the Dock, yet if I drag and drop the Search Smart Folder to the Dock, it does not open when I click it. Any way to do it?

Apr 16, 2013 12:03 PM in response to ApMaX

ApMaX wrote:

For convenience, I would like to activate such Smart Folder Search window clicking on its icon on the Dock, yet if I drag and drop the Search Smart Folder to the Dock, it does not open when I click it. Any way to do it?

Just another stupid change that the engineers made in ML to further cripple Spotlight. I just put an alias just above the Dock and double-click it.

How to Find by Name Contains as Default in Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.