Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard takes too long to start, White Screen over 2 minutes on start up. Why?

Since two updates to Snow Leopard have happened, it takes over twso minutes of "white screen" before I get the apple icon and loading wheel, when I start up my iMac with OS X, Version 10.6.8. It has a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 with 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory and 1 TB Hard Drive.

Why is it taking sooooooooooooo long to load?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Protected by VirusBarrier X6

Posted on Apr 17, 2013 10:51 AM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2013 11:03 AM in response to To Hell With It

Uninstall Virus Barrier.

OS x 10.6.8 has anti-malware included for OS X, and if you need more the free ClamXav will scan for the Windows malware on your shared files, it's safer as it's not running all the time like Virus Barrier does.

Once that is uninstalled, then run through these Steps to tune up your machine

..Step by Step to fix your Mac

Why is my computer slow?

Most commonly used backup methods

https://discussions.apple.com/community/notebooks/macbook_pro?view=documents

Apr 17, 2013 12:12 PM in response to To Hell With It

To **** With It wrote:

So you want me top UN-install VirusBarrier X6,

Yes, it's likely causing your issues and outdated or being neglected.

Next open Terminal and paste this command in and press enter:

kextstat -kl | awk ' !/apple/ { print $6 } '

Select all and copy, then paste it into the post here.

This will list all your running kext files that may causing further issues.

You can try the wireless keyboard and see if the at boot key commands work, (try holding Shift key) but if not then yes you will need a wired keyboard.

Apr 17, 2013 2:22 PM in response to ds store

I haven't uninstalled "VirusBarrier X6" yet, but here's the data I got after I input ...

kextstat -kl | awk ' !/apple/ { print $6 } '

Here's the data.

kextstat -kl | awk ' !/apple/ { print $6 } ' com.intego.kext.ContentBarrierBootTime com.parallels.kext.prl_usb_connect com.parallels.kext.prl_hid_hook com.parallels.kext.prl_hypervisor com.parallels.kext.prl_netbridge com.intego.kext.VirusBarrierKPI com.parallels.kext.prl_vnic com.intego.iokit.ContentBarrierService com.intego.kext.VirusBarrier.AppBarrierKPI com.avg.netshield.kext com.intego.iokit.VBX6NKE com.intego.iokit.BehavioralKext com.intego.iokit.VirusBarrierX6Service

(my name)s-iMac:~mulyscousin$

I hope this helps.

Apr 17, 2013 2:33 PM in response to To Hell With It

Apple Wireless Keyboards: Using startup keys

Apple Wireless Keyboards will not recognize pressing and holding down startup keys during startup until the startup chime sound is heard. This is normal behavior. You may find it helpful to press and hold startup key combinations while the startup chime is playing. Two common startup key combinations are listed below.

Snow Leopard takes too long to start, White Screen over 2 minutes on start up. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.