Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Unsubscribe from Discussion Email Notifications

This is really an addendum to the excellent tip posted by Frank Caggiano, titled Stopping emails from ASC. I tried to add this as a Comment to his tip, but apparently comments are closed (or I'm being dense, which is always a possibility 😊 ).

One of my reasons for posting, is that I had this very question but I could not find an answer searching through Apple Support Communities. My problem, in retrospect, was that I was searching using the keyword "unsubscribe," which does not appear in Frank's post (not that it should; there are many ways to describe this situation). So, I am hoping that a tip with "unsubscribe" in the title will help users who, like me, will search for information about "how to unsubscribe from discussion emails" or the like.

I encourage you to read Frank's post (clicking on the above link opens a new window) because he explains a method for addressing this problem very well, complete with nice screenshots.

To be clear, the situation addressed in this post is the one in which you keep receiving emails from Apple Support Communities Updates (discussions-updates@apple.com) notifying you of a new post to a discussion you are following. And, for whatever reason, e.g., you're receiving too many emails or the discussion has gone off on a tanget, you want to stop receiving those email notifications.

I initially went to:

Your Stuff > Preferences > Email Notification Preferences,

and checked off "no" to each option. I thought that would do the trick.

Wrong. 😐

Unfortunately that did not work because, I finally figured out, I was in the wrong "email notifications" area. Here is the correct procedure (some repetition here from what Frank posted but, the following also includes an alternative method):

Go to: Your Stuff > Profile tab > Manage email notifications (on right, under "Actions") > Click box next to the discussion you are watching, and for which you want to stop email notifications > Click "Remove Selected Notifications"

OR

Go to the discussion you are following (the one you are receiving emails about) > then, on the right side, under "Actions," click "Stop email notifications"

Best Regards,

Mark

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 9:51 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2016 10:45 AM in response to Simith

Hmm, the user tip is probably somewhat dated, but your link relates to Apple Newsletters rather than mail from Apple Support Communities.

To turn off email from Apple Support Communities check your account's preferences page and change the email settings so that you no longer get emails for Content I'm following. You can set the other options to suit your taste. You need to scroll down to find the Save button.

User uploaded file

If you want to continue to receive some emails for some threads see your following communities to unsubscribe from any communities and your following content to unsubscribe from individual threads. There is also a People tab which may need updating. You can use the gear icons to unfollow items.

If Content I'm following is already off, and you're still receiving emails, try turning it on, save the change, wait a minute or two, then turn it off and save again.

tt2

How to Unsubscribe from Discussion Email Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.