Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps Installing Very Slowly iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 5

Hi everyone,

Ive noticed something interesting, for the past few weeks apps have begun installing very slowly in the past few week over wifi. And I still haven't figured out why. My wifi conntection via speedtest.net was measured at a download rate of 18.85 Mbps. They used to install fairly quickly but I have noticed that they install very sluggishly as of recent.

any Ideas?

Thank-you,

Shawn

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 9:30 AM

27 replies

Apr 22, 2013 9:34 AM in response to Shawzborne

May not be your end of the connection, Shawn. I had some very, very slow donwloads over the past weekend, also. Could be coming from the other end of the line where the crunch is.

Try over a different wireless connection and see if that changes things. Did not make a difference for me whether at another house, in an airport, or at home...all were slow.

Apr 22, 2013 10:02 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Im gonna use th app songza as an example, since it is under 50 Mb. Installed it via LTE in about 5 seconds from in basement. My LTE connection is about 40Mbps.

Tried installing the same app only a 35 mb app and the app is taking about 10 minutes to install which is crazy slow.

I have gone through my router settings to see if I could find anything out of the ordinary but I haven't

btw on my laptop webpages load instantly

Apr 22, 2013 5:20 PM in response to Shawzborne

Every Apple product in my house connected to wifi (Airport Extreme) is having painfully slow downloads from the iTunes store/App store. I've been searching the internet for days to find a solution, but all I see are plenty of people with the same problem described here. It must have been the last round of Apple updates that screwed up wifi access to the iTunes store. I have no problems when using cellular data.

Regular internet use over wifi is fast like normal. So that's a plus.

Apr 23, 2013 3:18 AM in response to dandimartino

I am not convinced it is the WiFi access that is messed up, more likely the other end of the connection, the Apple servers. There isn't a reason, i.e., major release, that would be overloading the servers right now. Could just be system maintenance or changes being implemented. Those things always cause problems, and when nothing is said about what is being done users just get frustrated.

Last night downloaded a new update to the Weather Channel app on my iPhone and the whole thing took less than a minute; download/install. So that one data point might indicated this has been straightened out finally.

Apps Installing Very Slowly iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.