Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Create IOS Desktop Shortcut for a Photo?

IOS Mavens,

Is there a way to create a shortcut to a specific photo (which is on the device, in a library, or photostream) and place the shortcut on IOS' desktop?

There are a couple of photos I refer to frequently in meetings. Searching for them disrupts the flow of the conversation. It'd be great if a shortcut to both of these images could be placed on the home screen, then opened with a single tap.

Your suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2017 7:45 PM

I had that problem too and I just found a loop hole.

Now you know when you are on safari, you can add a website to the home screen. So what I did is, I uploaded the photo that I frequently need on my dropbox folder. I copied the link of that photo, pasted on the browser and add it to the home screen 😉 I know it is a long way but still it works for me.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2017 7:45 PM in response to Plane Wryter

I had that problem too and I just found a loop hole.

Now you know when you are on safari, you can add a website to the home screen. So what I did is, I uploaded the photo that I frequently need on my dropbox folder. I copied the link of that photo, pasted on the browser and add it to the home screen 😉 I know it is a long way but still it works for me.

How Create IOS Desktop Shortcut for a Photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.