Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Apple Webex: Cisco webex add-on required

Hi,

I am trying to join a apple webex meeting using chrome, it is prompting me to download and install Cisco webex add-on, though i have downloaded and installed it multiple times and refreshed the browser i get the 'Download and install Cisco webex add-on' message again.

Why am i get this message when i have already installed it on my machine.

Kindly help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Anjani.

Posted on May 2, 2013 3:59 AM

16 replies

Aug 23, 2017 1:25 PM in response to anjanidevihyd

Here's the solution --> mkdir ~/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins

I found it on the Cisco support forums here -> https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/conferencing/can-t-install-run-webex-on-my-ma c/td-p/2740960

It's amazing to me that Cisco's WebEx Extension installer can't make a directory that it needs, and instead just bombs out with no error message at all.

Drop into terminal and run -> mkdir ~/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins

Then after that you can run the Cisco's WebEx Extension installer and it will actually give you several screens of dialgue as it installs. I've confirmed this works on Mozilla Firefox.

Jun 27, 2014 8:06 AM in response to anjanidevihyd

I am having exactly this problem, on a Mac running Mavericks. It's very weird, because two user accounts on this Mac work fine - the Install Cisco WebEx Add-On works fine, and doing webexes works fine. But on this one account, if I launch the "Install Cisco WebEx Add-on" the system asks me if I want to install, I click OK, and then it just stops - no error message, but no installation either. I've gone into the user library and dumped anything that has anything to do with Cisco, that hasn't helped. Very puzzled!

Jul 15, 2014 1:09 PM in response to anjanidevihyd

This thread didn't look like it had a definitive answer. I just had the same issue and thought I'd post my solution for others.

Turned out the problem was the browser. I had used Firefox (default) and tried in Chrome as well to no avail. I'd download the .dmg, open, click "install" and nothing.

finally I tried to join the meeting in Safari.... success. same process but it actually installed something. now I can use any browser to join meetings.

Apparent fix: Download Cisco Add On with Safari

Issue with Apple Webex: Cisco webex add-on required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.