Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my iphone wont turn on, vibrates when put on charge but screen stays black?

my phone was working fine then my husband came and put it on the bench when i went to grab it and check if there was any messages the screen was black and nwo wont turn on just vibrates when put on charge but nothing else screen stays black?

iPhone 4S

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

So outcome was the LCD screen inside the phone had gone. All fixed now and phones working!!

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 3, 2014 1:09 PM in response to btljz In response to btljz

I think Im having the same issue as you. My phone is completely off, black screen and wont turn on. When its plugged into the charger it vibrates twice every 10 seconds or so. Is this what you were experiencing? If so, how did you go about fixing the screen? Bring it to Apple? Third party?

Thanks so much

May 4, 2013 7:37 AM in response to btljz In response to btljz

Perform a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone should restart. It could take up to 20 seconds of holding the buttons for this to work. It will have no affect on your data.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

May 4, 2013 7:37 AM in response to btljz In response to btljz

Perform a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone should restart. It could take up to 20 seconds of holding the buttons for this to work. It will have no affect on your data.

May 4, 2013 7:37 AM

Reply Helpful (10)

May 4, 2013 7:54 AM in response to btljz In response to btljz

You can try this support document http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281 or regarding recovery mode, you can try this support document for help. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808. You may have to do this one more than once.

May 4, 2013 7:54 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: btljz

Question: my iphone wont turn on, vibrates when put on charge but screen stays black?