Previous 1 2 3 Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2015 4:46 PM by PirateOFislanD
masif2 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I have lost sound of my ipad 2 and also the sound control. Sound control is disappeared from task bask. Button on side are also not working. The ipad is orginal no jailbreak etc. I have tried resetting is totaly using "Erase All Content and Settings" but no difference. Looked on internet for solution but no luck. See the images for settings etc.

sound-control-taskbar.pngsounds.pngsettings.png

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3
  • masif2 Level 1 (0 points)

The "Ringer and Alerts" sound is working perfect so speakers are fine and its not muted from side switch button. Real issue is that sound control from taskbar is missing (see first image).

• Diavonex Level 9 (66,545 points)

If a reset doesn't work, you may have to backup and do a restore.

Hold the Sleep and Home button down until you see the Apple logo.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have already tried restore using itunes but it did not work. Also tried hold sleep and home button, it restarted it but no luck as well.

The reset and restore does not restore the ios version. I think its issue with ios but i can't find a way to restore to older versions. Thanks for your time.

• Diavonex Level 9 (66,545 points)

You restored as new and it still doesn't work?

What i did was used "Erase All Content and Settings" from setting. After this ipad asked me to setup asking language, location, network etc. Than it asked me "Set Up as New iPad", i selected it and pressed next. (see image at bottom of this post). After all this the situation was same see both images.

See image IMG_0001.PNG

IMG_0004.PNG

This is strange but if i rest my ipad for a while the control is appearing in task bar and click sound is heard, after few seccons the control button on volume disappears. Can any one help me fix it?

IMG_0015-2.png

Here you can see that sound control is not visible in movie player as well. this all used to work but now : (.

IMG_0118.PNG

• Flan5 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having exactly the same issue. It's a real problem for me. I have reset / rebooted tried everything and the volume for sound effects (video/ sky go/etc etc) has just GONE !

I have also tried restore from IPWS file, complete reset but no use. I will never upgrade my ios again, support here is very pthatic not one from apple community is looking at this issue.

• ASwalwell Level 1 (0 points)

Yep mine has just started doing this today. No matter what I do to try and fix it.

The issue is driving me crazy. The ipad is just peice of junk without sound. No moderator is here to help this is such a fake community.

If you are in USA can you please contact apple on phone and see if they can suggest a solution? For no us apple just keep routing and routing very pthatic experience.

thanks

• djtashy4624 Level 1 (0 points)

My ipad is now doing the same daughter was watching youtube then i noticed there was no volume tried everything from checking sound in settings, mute button, reseting the settings, back up and restore on itunes also even tried different chargers but still have not found a fix spent 7 hours on this i give up

• djtashy4624 Level 1 (0 points)

I fixed it woohoo.

I restored my iPad from a previous back up I had waited till it was done then removed all my apps to be synced removed everything else aswell tones, music, videos, books and photos then re-synced my iPad then once it was finished I pressed the eject button for my iPad on iTunes and I have my volume back.

I really hope this works for everyone else as I spent nearly 15 hours trying everything to sort this.

Great news. You are the lucky one, i tried this at first place but it did not worked for me. Will try again though.

Previous 1 2 3 Next