Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod not enough memory despite 9gb of FREE space

I have been unable to sync my iPod Touch (the latest model at 32gb) - for - I think - well over 6 months now! iTunes is up to date on the computer (iOS 6.13) but every time I try to sync the device with my iTunes, it fails and comes back with a message that it cannot be synced because there is insufficient memory for all the items in the iTunes library - It says 4.78 gb are required in order to sync to the iPod Touch, however I HAVE 9.35 gb of available space in the device! .

The sole reason I bought this newer (32 gb) model was because I needed more storage space because my older gen iTouch was not syncing for the same 'lack of free space'... It was just an 8gb so I wasn't surprised. The new gen 32gb iTouch worked fine at first but now I apparently have over 9 gb of space I cannot use and I cannot sync the iTouch device anymore.

I am hoping SOMEone has a fix for this ghost memory issue!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 6.1.3, I also have an iPad in iTunes

Posted on May 10, 2013 10:09 AM

6 replies

May 10, 2013 10:32 AM in response to lllaass

Just a few songs and audiobooks - those are the only additions. I never sync photos, videos/movies/tv shows, etc. and have very few apps. I DO suspect it somehow involves the fact that I also have an iPad - I think the issue with syncing the old iTouch began when I first synced the iPad - It seemed as though iTunes was not differentiating between two (though each was titled differently) becuase it kept trying to put the apps I had for the iPad onto the iPod (which at that time was just an 8gb device), so I purchased the 32gb 5th gen model and all was well for a while. I no longer sync the iPad via the computer - I had hoped it would avoid the issue, but it apparently didn't

I'll follow the link for Windows to see if it helps, & will report back. Thanks!

ipod not enough memory despite 9gb of FREE space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.