Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is developer.apple.com down?

Getting blank pages, not loading app ID's, etc., for several hours 5/11/13-- 7:45am-11:45am EST

Posted on May 11, 2013 8:45 AM

19 replies

Jul 19, 2013 4:19 PM in response to dk12357

When I pay for a service I expect to get that service, over 24 hours of down time is far too long. If any system I have run in my IT career had been down that long I'd be without a job!

This better be something pretty spectacular that they are working on and I believe that they should also be giving some form of compensation to developers.

Surely the way that it should be done is to develop the new site/update/whatever, roll that out onto a new set of servers then hot swap the sites by updating the DNS records to point to the new server - there is no excuse for an outage especially from a company with the amount of money and resources that Apple have.

Jul 19, 2013 5:19 PM in response to FogtreeSystems

I don't mind down time, but unannounced downtime, when they normally advertize the fact seems like a grade school level oversight.

There are no small number of people who are left holding the bag when they have financial commitments to make.

Apple better have a **** good explaination why the could not and did not indicate that the site was going to be down for several _DAYS_.

Whoever was in charge of this rollout should be fired and never allowed to do anything but clean toilets to the end of their days.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.