Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download apps without credit card.

Every time I try to download a free app it asks me for a credit card. (Which i dont have one)

How can i download free apps without a credit card?

Ramiro,

Thanx

:)

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 27, 2013 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2018 7:58 PM

How’d you solve it

89 replies

May 28, 2013 7:30 AM in response to Ramiro14

How to Get Apps From the App Store Without a Credit Card

http://ipadhelp.com/ipad-help/how-to-get-free-apps-from-the-app-store-without-a- credit-card/

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

If None is not available - On your computer launch iTunes and click "iTunes Store" in the left navigation pane. Click the "down arrow" next to your name at the top right side of the page and click "Account." Enter your username and password and click "View Account" to log into your account information. Next to your Payment Type, click "Edit." Select the "None" button and click "Done." Confirm that your card has been removed by returning to the Apple account information screen. Under Payment Type, it should say that there is no credit card on file.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Jan 31, 2014 1:11 PM in response to mountaingoatgirl

This worked for me:

mountaingoatgirl wrote:

I spoke with Apple Tech Support... Here was the solution I was given...

1. Go to Redeem under the Quick Links on the right-hand side
  2. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You will get to a Review Payment screen, similar to the one you saw before, but it will have a None button.
  3. I was able to leave [the credit card field] blank and still successfully get the account set up...

NOTE: I edited the original post for clarity and brevity.

Apr 17, 2017 5:54 AM in response to Sersoft

Ok so i have an iphone 7 plus and every since update 10 arrived i have been forced to sign in my password for free apps..i have a MasterCard and my billing address is correct but when i click done it says my credit card is declined i tried changing my billing address online and it still wouldn't go through and this is highly ******* me off because before the update i didn't have to sign in my password for free apps only for purchased apps funny thing is this started to happen today yesterday I wasn't having this problem so can you or someone please help me out

Mar 4, 2018 12:17 AM in response to Ramiro14

I have had the same issue for about 4 months now... I put in my payment info on an iTunes card so I could buy things on my phone but soon after the balance hit zero, I have not been able to download any apps whatsoever.. I also can’t update my apps. I believe I have an unpaid balance because even after there was no money left in the card.. it allowed me to buy something else one more time. After that, I’ve been having problems. I don’t know if that could be any help for your situation but I’m in the same one and this is the result from it

Jun 2, 2013 2:24 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

The "None" button is NOT displayed if you didn't buy an Apple product.

In other words, Apple needs to know WHO IS USING that phone, despite all privacy claims made.

I'm trying to add apps to an used phone my brother will use in Argentina, and he doesn't have a Card.

The ONLY way to allow it is SOMEHOW ME being responsible for whatever HE does with the phone.

E.g. I have to enter MY credit card info to "allow" the Apple ID to be used, then select "none".

So please, somebody in Apple say the things as they are. Steering us into the same swirl will just funnel us into a pressure stream nobody wants.

Please forum bugs don't even answer to this. This is not intended to you, and I KNOW there are channels to "tell apple" what I think.

BUT ALSO KNOW this information IS VERY USEFUL: It's not possible. Pass it on, or ask for a different question, like: Where in the terms I just accepted said that privacy is not possible as advertised?

Jul 11, 2018 12:10 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

It still won’t work I put none it says none but every time I try to download something or even just update something it says I have to log in and review my billing information which I do and it just keeps saying that every time and I don’t know what to do. It’s not saying anything like try a new address or credit card declined it’s not saying anything just making me do it over and over again I’m really confused

Can't download apps without credit card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.