Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 screen went black and won't turn on

My iphone 4 today mysteriously won't turn on, I tried charging it and it won't even charge. I was using it a few hours before hand it was fine with 100% battery and I haven't put it in any water so I am confused as to why this has happened. Can someone please tell me what to do and why has this happened?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 6:39 AM

37 replies

Oct 4, 2017 10:22 AM in response to kaitlyntre

Omg,thanks so much,I was so nervous about it not gonna be able to work,was my only phone and used for years,remembering like 80%battery like 30 minute ago when I first found out it didn't work.Press Power button didn't work.Press Home didn't work,decide to search it up on my computer and found this tried pressing them both together It worked fine,thanks so much,mind explain the mechanism behind this?Was wandering why this would work while single didn't work.

Jun 11, 2013 9:06 AM in response to pvanikole

I had the same for the second time today... no way to turn it on !! it was 63% loaded and on my desktop without activity (on the iphone ;- ).

tha only way to turn it on is to unscrew the two scren at the bottom, remove the back cover then unscrew a screw on the bottom left, close to the black battery, then you unplug the plug, wait a few second, plug it agin and screw.

Then turn it on ! it works twice ... then your iphone will first set as 1st of january ... but later recover everything date, time ... then i had a prompt with "imap.gmail.com" not recognised (written in french, i am french !), then i had a "dataaccessd" screen asking to accept the Equifax Secure Certificate Authority as non thrusted ... don't know what it is but asnwer YES and ACCEPT then iphone is fully operational ... until next crash !

Fred

🙂

Jun 11, 2013 9:25 AM in response to pvanikole

Uhhh, don't take the phone apart, you will void the warranty and have to pay more than you would expect if you had to get it replaced through Apple.

Hold down the power button and home button at the same time to see if it will turn on.

If not, hold them both down while it is plugged in to the computer to see if it will respond.

If still nothing, you may need to get it replaced

Jun 11, 2013 9:37 AM in response to kaitlyntre

Mine is more than 2 years old ... Apple will laugh me if i come to the support and ask for a replacement ... (I already got the same answer with my iMac two years ago while it was only 3 month old and get HDD crash because i didn't buy their extra-waranty). If your iphone is till under waranty, off course ask the support first otherwise do it yourself ! you will earn time and money. there is nothing as easy as the iphone to change spare parts even if it looks hard at first.

fred

May 27, 2014 6:18 PM in response to Rajanya

So weird my phone would ring, Siri would go on, vibrate, etc but screen was black and I couldn't turn the phone off, or on. I held the power and home button down at the same time for several seconds and voila! the Apple symbol turned on. I touched the screen, pressed the home button and everything was back to normal. Whew.

My iphone 4 screen went black and won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.