Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Basic Content download not complete

Asks for password after about a quater of the 2 GB is downloaded. Then next time I start Logic Pro X it starts to download basic content again. Is there a link I can download these new files from? I could never get it to work in the old version either...

Thanks'

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply
22 replies

Jul 23, 2013 11:39 AM in response to johnner1980

Thanks for posting this link. At least, using a 3rd party download manager, I seem to be getting the essential content file on my very slow Internet connection. If Apple could just provide a direct link to this content in the first place, it would help a lot of folks with less than optimal Internet access and save them a lot of frustration and aggravation.

Jul 24, 2013 7:19 PM in response to EzeSounds

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!

Ok so, download AppCleaner for free. Throw the Logic Pro X application in here and it will find all files and caches associated with this program (there should be 5 total) and they should all be checked. Next select delete all and it will remove Logic Pro X and all files associate with it to the trash. Empty the trash. Next, reinstall from Mac App. Store, launch, and the install will complete this time 🙂

Aug 29, 2013 10:46 AM in response to melissa112

Hey, did you do this after realizing that logic x didn't download/install ALL of the software instruments and other content initially? That is what happened to me after I just realized I was missing a bunch of content...I'm trying to re- install from 'download additional content' but it doesn't seem too promising as I know there is much more that doesn't seem to be recognized in the download...

Sep 20, 2013 2:16 AM in response to EzeSounds

I'm still stuck and it's getting annoying. 😠

I've manualy installed the core audio package (2GB) and after that it started just fine. However, after rebooting it aks if I would like to resume 'essential sounds...' package. Not the core but essential?! Anyway, I said resume, assuming it's some extra instruments wich I might not have in my legacy library, but it's been toasting my HD for over an hour now and I have no clue what it is actually doing.

The activity monitor shows 'com.apple.musicapps.MAContentInstallation' running at 110% CPU. and my HD is morse coding me all kinds of messages...

Is this package an extra package that I should continue to, uhm, download/install?? Or is this a glitchy thing that makes me wanna go back to Logic9 again?

Any help or info would be very appreciated, thanks!

Snewp

Nov 3, 2013 1:55 AM in response to EzeSounds

is there now any solution to this topic??

I tried everything - download in safemode, download with a new user, use the downloadlink with iGetter, changed security settings...

I seems it loads everything down and when the window appears that the Apple Music Apps Content Installer wants to change stgh - it aborts

just got rid of ableton and bought instead logic pro and now i cannot use it - freaking annoying!!!

Logic Pro X - Basic Content download not complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.