Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Breaking Bad Season 5/Final Season

When I bought the Season Pass for season 5 of Breaking Bad several months ago, I seem to recall that the episode list included the so-called "final season" episodes.

Now that those final season episodes are about to run, however, I notice that they are no longer included in my season 5 season pass. Instead, they're part of a new season pass that I would need to purchase.

First, am I just remembering wrong? Were the final episodes of Breaking Bad ever part of the season 5 season pass? If I'm wrong, then this is a non-issue, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Second, if I am remembering right, shouldn't I get the final season episodes without having to pay for them (again)?

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 8:48 AM

38 replies

Aug 5, 2013 6:33 PM in response to Ted_King

I bought the season 5 pass with the understanding that it was for both parts of the "final season". If AMC up and changed the game then there should be some compensation. Either include the remaining episodes or refund the difference. When TWD has an extended midseason break its not two separate charges and that is how BB5 was scheduled/advertised when I bought the season.

OP you are not mistaken it was priced for season 5 parts 1 & 2.

Aug 11, 2013 1:13 PM in response to Kevin Maness

I feel lied too.

As a digital consumer I was of the belief I was being good and purchased or "licensed" the 5th season of breaking bad.

However, despite being a company who wants customers to play fair and purchase their content, itunes seems to fine with break rules to meet their needs.

If "licensing" digital content is the way we will be doing buisness, then companies should understand that misrepresenting the product details is not a very good way to discourage pirating the content.

This was my first time getting a season pass:

I am very disappointed with this service.

I also am unhappy that I will not see the second half of season 5 for quite a while.

I will have to wait until it appears on netflix. I also it is very unlikely I will purchase a season pass for any show ever again.

Sincerely,

Steven Lucey

Aug 11, 2013 4:05 PM in response to fernandopessoa

It is a good show. I just cannot afford to "license" a season more than once.

I worry that people do not understand that we are defining the way digital sales work at this point. It has already been decided that when people buy digital media they don't own it they are licensing it, which is essentially renting.

In this case the description of the product we were purchasing was not clearly stated. I would never have purchased the season pass if I had known it was only for 8 episodes. I don't feel that an hour long show is worth 3 dollars. Quite honestly I watched it each episode once.

I have liked every other product I have purchased from Apple and was happy with their service. But, they could have handled this instance better, by providing people what they stated they were providing when selling a season pass.

Aug 12, 2013 3:57 AM in response to Kevin Maness

Great I got an email saying the new episode was ready to download BUT guess what? There is no episode?! ***! Just the "Inside Blood Money" short. Instead iTunes is trying to download the past 3 episodes of Walking Dead Season 3 which I already downloaded last March. Tried going to the iTunes store to just download it directly and it's not even up.

Way to go Apple!

Aug 12, 2013 11:32 AM in response to Kevin Maness

I contacted Apple customer support a second time, and they still refused to budge on this, but for new made-up reasons. The agent told me I would have to contact Sony, "because they're the ones who are classified this as a new season". If so, seems like Sony would have informed AMC and every other website online, who are still calling this Season 5. Of course, this is different information from the last Apple agent I talked to three hours ago.... The last episode in September 2012 was called the "mid-season finale" by AMC and by iTunes. It is still referred to in that way by AMC. I hope there is followup from the FTC complaints. Apple should not be stealing $$$ from consumers.

<Edited By Host>

Breaking Bad Season 5/Final Season

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.