Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my incoming calls show unknown, even though most a from people in my contact list. How do I correct this?

Why do all my incoming calls show unknown, even when they are from people in my contact list?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 6:11 AM

Guys,

I'd the same issue, All incoming calls shows "Unknown" while contact already in my contact list/app and finally after spent few hours (3-4hr) i came to know that my CLIP (Caller line Identification Presentation) was disable then i called to my customer Care and they asked to send short message to xyz # and it's is solved now.

Btw in Prepaid, it is default ON but for Postpaid you have to send a request to your xyz operator.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2015 6:11 AM in response to hankfromirvine

Guys,

I'd the same issue, All incoming calls shows "Unknown" while contact already in my contact list/app and finally after spent few hours (3-4hr) i came to know that my CLIP (Caller line Identification Presentation) was disable then i called to my customer Care and they asked to send short message to xyz # and it's is solved now.

Btw in Prepaid, it is default ON but for Postpaid you have to send a request to your xyz operator.

Aug 3, 2013 9:52 AM in response to Hedland

Hi Hedland,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You may want to first check your caller ID settings, as mentioned in this article:

iPhone: Understanding phone features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4515

Caller ID

iPhone (GSM networks)

Turn on or off in Settings > Phone

iPhone (CDMA networks)

Contact your carrier for information on using Caller ID

If your settings are correct, try the troubleshooting steps in our iPhone Assistant:

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/phone/

All the best,

Jeremy

All my incoming calls show unknown, even though most a from people in my contact list. How do I correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.