Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x: audio track not showing waveform

imported project from logic pro 9. the audio tracks from project show waveform. i recorded new audio tracks in X but the track shows blue with line. see image below. how can i get it to show the waveform like the other tracks? must be something easy...

User uploaded file

thanks

dan

Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 10:14 PM

24 replies

Aug 15, 2013 11:27 PM in response to dbperson

That's the "Recording Delay"... right? In Logic's Preference/Audio/ the same place you set the Buffer I/O settings and Input/Output device.

There's been reports of several values off the scale in Imported Logic 9 projects, the location is in the Inspector.

Select the Audio track with the flat waveform and look at the Inspector values for that track, anything look out of place?

Mar 14, 2014 2:02 AM in response to milezhc

milezhc wrote:

Is there a way auto enable refresh overviews?

It is always enabled, except when the recording delay setting is not zero. I heard of this only once or twice, in all other cases it is people messing around with the setting and forgetting about it, or people recording at such low levels that the waveform becomes so small that it is no longer visible without zooming in. The latter has nothing to do with the overviews.

logic pro x: audio track not showing waveform

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.