Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web pages not fully loading in Safari OS X..?

I just recently bought my first MacBook. It is running OS X 10.8.4 and I've found that it sometimes does not load some webpages or just will partially load them. I've had it for about a week and its happened on 2 different occasions already. If the webpage only partially loads, it will be stuck on a screen like this User uploaded file

Can anyone help me figure this out?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 6:59 PM

35 replies

Aug 19, 2013 7:16 PM in response to virgo7598

Ok...

Try troubleshooting extensions and third party plug-ins.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that off if there are any installed. Quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn extensions back on then uninstall one a time to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Aug 19, 2013 7:32 PM in response to virgo7598

Then it shouldn't be your internet connection...

This is why I suggested the DNS > Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

But unfortunately, that didn't help.

Check Proxies. Open System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies

Deselect any checked boxes on the left then click OK. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

Did you by chance download and install an app called MacKeeper or anti virus software since you purchased the Mac?

Or a network monitoring utility such as Little Snitch?

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit

Aug 19, 2013 7:38 PM in response to virgo7598

If it's livejournal.com I can load it fine.

Try emptying the Safari cache.

Press Command + Open + E then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari. Try that site.

Web pages not fully loading in Safari OS X..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.