Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The tweet "" cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed.

The tweet "<enter name>" cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed.

I get this message when trying to upload a picture to Twitter directly from my Camera Roll. I logged in to twitter using my friends account information and I have no problem uploading. I created 2 other twitter accounts and have no problems uploading to them either. However my main account I can't post anything from camera roll. I can post from the Twitter App and from other social apps to my twitter account.

Any ideas why this would be blocked???

I am using an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.3

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 7:16 AM

25 replies

Oct 10, 2013 4:08 AM in response to vsanto73

I had an iPhone 4, upgraded it to iOS 7, everything was working fine.

I bought a 5S, moved all the stuff from the 4 over to it, and now I am having the exact same problem

+ It only happens in the photo album, posting a picture from the Twitter app works fine

+ I have checked the "Privacy" settings for Photos, and Twitter is enabled

The only thing I can think of for this one-way-issue is that under settings, if I select "Twitter" at the top level, "Photos" is not listed as an app that can use Twitter. But there isn't a place to *turn* it on. My bet is this is the issue. Any fixes yet?

The tweet "" cannot be sent because the connection to Twitter failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.