Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i add a second icloud account to all three of my devices without changing apple id

My husband and I have the same apple id so that we can share our bought items from itunes. However we just bought a desktop and at that time I was encouraged to set up my own icloud account for more storage. i can not figure out how to add a second icloud to any of my devices.

my iphone and ipad have his icloud and the computer has my icloud

MY HUSBAND AND I SHARE APPLE ID

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 8:44 AM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2017 1:11 PM in response to Regina0820

Your icloud account is tied to your Apple ID. Please see this discussion for some info:

One apple account with two icloud accounts

Please note that any purchases are tied to the Apple ID used to obtain them and they cannot be transferred, so if you want to create a separate Apple ID in order to get a second icloud account, you can do that - just remember to sign into your other ID when you want to update/buy/deal with the app store or iTunes.

Sep 4, 2013 8:46 AM in response to mlynch414

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

• On the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Add Account > iCloud.
  • On the Mac: System Preferences > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > + (at the bottom of the sidebar) > iCloud.

Note that a second iCloud account may not have the same features as the main iCloud account

Aug 31, 2017 11:52 AM in response to mende1

There is NO one line that states Mail, Contacts and Calendars. There are three separate lines for each.

I have continually tried to remove my personal gmail account from my work phone and it needs another iCloud account to replace it. That is where my issue is. Every time I attempt to create an iCloud account it suggests that will be my NEW Apple ID. I do not want to change my Apple ID; I just want another iCloud account.

I am very confused and just want a second iCloud account for work use.

Thanks

how do i add a second icloud account to all three of my devices without changing apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.